Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some tips on places to fish up here from shoreline, looking to get mostly walleye for the freezer. I'm a student up here and havent had much time but looking to get out as soon as im done. Any hot spots you guys have found along the Maumee river or the port and Lake Erie? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Most of the "Hot" walleye fishing is found between the Maumee /Perrysburgh bridge and Grand Rapids. The south side of Bluegrass Island is good but you'll need to wade to the island from Sidecut Park and walk across the island. Straight bank fishing success doesn't compare to wading. You'll know the hot spots because there'll be hundreds of waders fishing there. Good luck..:biggrin:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Definitely i'd be interested. I work at Bay Park over in Oregon so I'm over there anyways
I do some fishing sometimes at Maumee Bay State Park as well as Metzger's Marsh and a couple other spots up Route 2 some more. If you want to hit me up with a private message and maybe we can meet up sometime when we have time soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts