Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in TN and along with my family own ~300 acres in Vinton County along the Big Raccoon.

We recently went and made a recon of the property (been in the family ~100 years but I just became a "co-owner").

We saw lots of sing for Deer and Turkey as well actual critters. We had hoped to find Hog sign as well as some 'Yotes, maybe during out future trips.

We also found lots of trespassing and poaching signs unfortunately.

I hope I am able to learn some stuff here and get in to a bit of hunting, trapping, and Fishing, as well as a bit of survival practice. I do stay up on my marksmanship and weapons handling, but it has been a while since I did any critter hunting in earnest.

Thanks,
Pathfinder7

·
22,521 Posts
:Welcome:

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Some on this site will tell you to post your property heavily and be a jerk towards all your neighbors. Let them know who is Boss.

Others will say talk to all your neighbors and ask for their help in looking out for your property. Let them know if shown respect you will return respect.

I reckon both methods will work.

It just depends on you and your view.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Respect, gets respect.

Sadly it appears some of the Trespassers are "Family" extended off the tree buy law types. Who know we are not on it often 9the case in the past) and have also used it as a dump, that a a particular Race Shop, who was dumb enough to dump a shop sign along with parts tires and other junk.:irked:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Good land out there. im out that way about every weekend and you see spotlights every night especially during deer season. keeping tresspassers off is a pain out that way. welcome to the site....there is a ton of good info on here that will be helpful!
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts