Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

New the site and Bow fishing

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  T-180 
#1 ·
Just wanting to stop in and say hello. My son and I recently just bought our first bow fishing rigs and have connected on a few carp. We live in Lorain county up near the Lake. We've been shooting at the oar docks hear in Lorain. The rigs we bought are PSE kingfishers with the AMS fast retrieve reels. I know these are low end rigs but any thoughts and comments on them would be great. They vibrate a lot when shot, I don't know if its the string or in where the limbs connect into the riser? Do just rig this as if I was using it for deer hunting, counter weight, limb savers, string leeches? Well like I stated were new at this and were bank fisherman, still have a lot to learn but were loving already.

Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome !!
Don't normally get to this section, I check the bow fishing in the bow hunting forum.
As for your question, never really thought too much about vibration. I don't feel it affects the shot & the fish don't spook from it, so no worries. If it bothers you, I'd try the same technoques as a hunting bow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.