close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Tank!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ohio Catfish Anglers' started by BottomBouncer, Jan 6, 2003.

1. And I do mean TANK!!!!! Bought the pump for my upcoming bait tank, the tank I keep at home for the leftover bait and fresh caught.

We had a discontinued 3000gph pond pump(this thing can move some serious water!) that we had for a while, I found it at the end of summer and just now purchased it. Regular for $280.....guess how much I got it for? This is awesome......$2.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus tax.....lol

Next, the big rubbermaid for Tractor Supply.

2. DONT go down that road man..lol

Big bait tanks are good..but like everything else in catting are addicting as heck..trust me;)

3000gph..are you nuts? "this thing can move some serious water!' well no kidding...you could keep stream trout alive with that thing..lol
    After you got your HOME tank set up...you need a transport tank...a nice 150qt igloo cooler with a 750GPH pump works great..also need a smaller one like a 48qt with a 500GPH pump too;)
    A work buddy named Rod Neil got into cattin a few years ago..i helped him out with his transport tank..using a deep cycle trolling battery ive kept bait alive for 3 days in mine..his is a 125 igloo and works great..heres the link to his bait tanks http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/catfish/Page912.html
    Now he did mess up on the pump hes got when he did this page..its a 750GPH pump like mine..not a 750 gallons per min. geez!
    If you wanted a big tank like his(he says its 350 gals. i say more like 375-400 gals.?) but i can get ya the same tank CHEAP..just let me know..plus a great deal on all kinds of other plastic tanks(all shapes, sizes, ect.) CHEAP!! like 55 gal. plastic drums(great shad tanks)
    I dont use my 275 gal. tank all that much any more(i go through a LOT of bait fast), but if i were to buy a new one from a store..the plastic rubbermaids are the ones i'd buy..very heavy duty tanks and come in lots of sizes! Tractor supply is the place for them.

3. Sounds like a very good set-up...I was going to shoot for something like that this year, but I am just going to stick with cut-bait, for all my fishing now.

4. WOW what a pump. Use it in a 55 gal barrel and you will have some strong fish trying to swim with the current that will produce. LOL

I didn't get a chance to build a bait tank but I will try it this year.

5. I already have my fish transport tank. The 55 gallon rubbermaid I built late last season. Used a 650gph livewell pump, homemade spray bar and filter for the inlet. This thing is titz.....

Next I will build a 30 gallon size for the boat, this way I can bring plenty of larger baits and bring fish back.

Scott, since you're not going to deliver the no-rolls:rolleyes: :eek: I'll bring my 55 with me........it's art!!! I still can't believe you don't deliver:cool: :p