close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New poll.....Favorite Fish

Discussion in 'Front Page Polls' started by mrfish/OH, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Stripers

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Hybrid Stripers

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Largemouth Bass

44 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. Smallmouth Bass

50 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. Blue Catfish

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Channel Catfish

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  7. Flathead Catfish

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  8. Crappies

28 vote(s)
    25.7%
  9. Panfish-gills, sunfish, breem, etc.

21 vote(s)
    19.3%
  10. Walleyes

39 vote(s)
    35.8%
  11. Saugeyes

16 vote(s)
    14.7%
  12. Saugers

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  13. Carp

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  14. Muskies

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  15. Pike

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  16. Steelhead

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  17. Salmon

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  18. Trout-Rainbows, Browns, etc

18 vote(s)
    16.5%
  19. White Bass

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  20. Others- baitfish ??

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. New pole.....Favorite Fish

Going to add a few more species on this one.
    Please limit yourself to 5 choices to try to get an accurate feel. I know I like to fish the big cats, walleyes, stripers, hybrids, etc. Also white bass. But I limited myself to 5 picks......Jim:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2002
  2. hmm. i dont see perch on the list..:p

3. LOL @ crappielooker or is it perchlooker LOL. My favorites in ohio are Saugeye, wipers, catfish (any), and crappie.

4. I have to go with flathead catfish, channel catfish, Panfish,and largemouth and smallmouth bass.;)

Never fished for steelhead or salmon.

5. I'd have to say any cold water fish and the crappie and smallies.

I like catching carp, catfish, and northern pike but did not vote for them.

6. Perch ?

Dog gone it, I thought I had all the fish I could come up with. :(
    Still, "only" 20 choices in the poll. "Other" could cover them. :) I just threw on baitfish behind "other" for skips.... as skipjacks are fun to catch, but I think they are mostly in the Ohio River. I chose stripers, hybrid stripers, bluecats, flatheads & walleyes.
    Here's a skipjack.....a big one. They look just like a miniture tarpon.
    [​IMG]

7. Catfish, Catfish, andd more catfish

8. I think flathunter should be disqualified. He's got a biased opinion. ;)

I chose SM and LM Bass along with Muskie. If I was thinking straight and saw Pike there the first time I would have picked that also.

Being from Michigan before I moved to Ohio, we didn't fish for Catfish and I didn't even know saugeyes were around, so if this poll is around next year I might have a different opinion.

I don't see bowfin up there though. :( I like bowfin the most.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2002
  9. Living close to Lake Erie and spending all my fishing time on it,I have to go with whats in the freezer:Walleye and perch!...Got Grease???

10. I had to go with LM, SM, Muskie, Pike, & Steelhead

11. 1. Trout

2. Steelhead

3. Smallmouth Bass

4. Walleye

5. Largemouth Bass

Only picked one in the poll before I realized you wanted mutiple picks. Now it won't let me pick the others. I bet if it was a Florida poll, I could vote again.

12. Good Golly .. I only voted for one!

In my old age & now that I'm no longer a BassMaster, but a old troller ....

S-Eyes & then it was to late to add more:rolleyes: ;)

2) Crappies
    3) W-Eyes
    4) S-Bass

5 .. da list goes on!!!

13. no fair

i like 'em all,but with only 5 picks i saugeye,crappies,wipers,flathead and channels.order depends on my mood and appetite:D though if i had the time and resources to concentrate more on one,my appetite would rule and it would be saugeyes:D :cool: not only because of eating quality,but because they're as unpredictible as women:rolleyes: ;) which i've always enjoyed chasing also:D ;)

that last remark was not meant to be derogatory,as i've always loved 'em all:) :cool:

14. Brown trout, then steelies/rainbows. On the next tier are smallmouth and poor man's bonefish,...err, carp...and then largemouths, because you can always catch one, or ten. This is coming from a fly rodder, so it's based on a difficulty/fight ratio.

Honorable mention goes to brook trout, muskie, pike, and walleye, perch and crappie for edibility.

15. How ya like em

Rick says he likes saugeyes cause they are unpredictable:D

What if ya like em BIG and MEAN ?

[​IMG]

I mean big enough to hurt you and mean enough to try:eek:

And Rick that may not be the way I like my women but that's mostly what I get:rolleyes:

16. If you guys ever get a chance to go after steelies or salmon do it, and you'll be hooked for life.

I voted

1. Trout
    2. Steelies
    3. Salmon
    4. panfish
    5. Smallies.

Trout won out well becasue they are so much fun, and you don't catch trout in ugly places. I think i read that in F+S

J

17. katfish, mrfish/OH and flathunter,

I have only been around you guys for about 9 months, but I have to say that I'm in absolute awe of some of the pics you guys show!

In all honesty, I really am. Thanks for sharing. It's you guys along with King that has me wanting to get into catfishing so bad. Thanks for all the pics. I know I for one enjoy them!

18. done some salmon fishing in the pacific nothwest,along with trout,there and white river in arkansas and also georgia mountain streams.gotta love it.no doubt they'd be on my list if they were more accessible to me.nothing like a fresh,over 30#chinook smokin' the drag:cool: ,with the possible exception of a big steelie,which i haven't had the fortune to tangle with.

19. steelies will burn the drag too

Jason