Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I am 31 but working on getting into the fine sport of hunting. I have wanted to for years but one of those things I just kept putting off "until next year". I have a compound bow and am practicing almost every day with it in the backyard. Going to try going out on public land this year for small game and as I learn work towards deer hunting. Looking forward to talking with you all and becoming part of this great community!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome! Not trying to be a downer but I'd strongly suggest scouting the area you want to deer hunt pretty heavily. That area of the state is getting hit hard with EHD so you may have to find a property further from home to find deer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Not trying to be a downer but I'd strongly suggest scouting the area you want to deer hunt pretty heavily. That area of the state is getting hit hard with EHD so you may have to find a property further from home to find deer.
Thanks for the tip! Yeah I have been following EHD since that have been finding more lately in the area, and waiting to see what next year looks like. This year will be as much about getting target practice and used to moving with gear as it will be the actual hunting, and even then probably squirrel and small game. I want to make sure that I can make get accurate shots everytime before I try for a deer, and room in the freezer lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts