Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW---The Buckwhackers are a brand new hunting club offering a new lease to a limited number (7) of hunters on private land in the heart of "big buck" country in Pike county Ohio.The lease is aprox 700 acres of gated land at a very reasonable price. Don't miss out on this outstanding opportunity!!!
Check out http//www.buckwhackers.com for more info.
SEE YOU THIS FALL

·
Banned
955 Posts
Can't hunt from Nov 10-16?:coco: That's one of the best times to hunt with a bow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your group that hunts that week the 10-16 of Nov., are they part of the seven? How many are in your group that hunt that week? I have been on a lease with several others that was 1000 acres. I did it two years and moved on. In my experience when you lease with a group that you don't know and your the outsider usually you get treated like one. If there is 7 guys total for 675 acres there should be no reason why the last week of October and any weeks in the month of November should be excluded. Restrictions on when you can and can't hunt is why I gave up my last lease. The restrictions started getting out of hand. The only restriction we had that I liked was a buck had to be at least 8 points and as wide as the ears. They wouldn't allow any foodplots or minerals or bait of any sort. We were told that there were 12 guys on the lease and I found out there were 22.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Pay more or stand in line at the gate and you can find a lease to hunt that week tooo.
No standing in line here or paying more money I can tell you that....

If I fork out money to lease (which I'm not) I don't want someone telling me when I can and can't hunt. If it's within the legal hunting season I am hunting.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Anti-lease!!!!! It is just sad that it has gotten to this point. The other sad part is I am sure somebody will get it...

·
Banned
955 Posts
I take it as "give me your money, but I am going to restrict when you can hunt." Sure it's only a week, I'll give you that, but a week during the best time. If it would have been the last week in Jan probably not a big deal in my eyes.........but of course it's during the heart of prime time. :mischeif:

Good luck finding people to fill your spots.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
WOW---The Buckwhackers are a brand new hunting club offering a new lease to a limited number (7) of hunters on private land in the heart of "big buck" country in Pike county Ohio.The lease is aprox 700 acres of gated land at a very reasonable price. Don't miss out on this outstanding opportunity!!!
Check out http//www.buckwhackers.com for more info.
SEE YOU THIS FALL
dont count on seeing me...i'll be after big bucks on the wnf...and anytime i want to hunt...and i guarantee it will be in the best time of the rut...why would anyone want this deal when theres a better deal on public land...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Your group that hunts that week the 10-16 of Nov., are they part of the seven? How many are in your group that hunt that week? I have been on a lease with several others that was 1000 acres. I did it two years and moved on. In my experience when you lease with a group that you don't know and your the outsider usually you get treated like one. If there is 7 guys total for 675 acres there should be no reason why the last week of October and any weeks in the month of November should be excluded. Restrictions on when you can and can't hunt is why I gave up my last lease. The restrictions started getting out of hand. The only restriction we had that I liked was a buck had to be at least 8 points and as wide as the ears. They wouldn't allow any foodplots or minerals or bait of any sort. We were told that there were 12 guys on the lease and I found out there were 22.
12/22 ha ha...heh heh heh,i'm loving it,doan you know its all about making money...period...:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I would quit hunting before I would pay to lease. And your great deal sounds like you are looking for 7 suckers to put up money so you and a couple of your buddies can hunt it during prime time. What a ripoff.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I live in pike county. I don't know of any big bucks around, although I did hear someone saw one about four seasons ago. But if you would like someone to watch over your lease for you, the trespassers and poachers will do it for free.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone say "spell-check"?

Buckwhacker/George:
I understand that we all don't have perfect English, but come on, if I were promoting something that I had a vested interest in, you can damn well bet your last nickel that I would have someone look over the text/grammar! This is especially true if I am spending money to have a website.
I am not offering an opinion on the leasing, just the English.
Slider

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yup, reckon they're lookin for some locals (instaters) to pay for their lease beings they're from Maine and will probably only be makin the trip down once during the "best time" to hunt Ohio.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Hate to bring up an old post. But I've got a buddy of mine from out of state that just told me he got on this lease for the upcoming year. I'm thinking he got taken to the cleaners... He lives in Indy and is a very experienced trophy whitetail hunter. I think he should of done more scouting before dropping $700! Am I wrong? Anyone have any better info on this deal? He showed me pics of some of the deer taken off the lease, the background looked totally different in every pic. That was my first clue to total BS.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
No way will I fork out $700 only to have someone tell me I cant hunt during the heart of the rut. There will be no days like that

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Wait a minute, people lie on the internet? His post sounds like a crappy Billie mays commercial.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Promoters and marketers know their market....sounds like this guy was spot on in knowing the deer hunter's wants and needs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts