Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter I purchased one of these platform blinds from the SG.

Decided to assemble it yesterday. Had my 18 month old for help hahaha.

Comes with a pop up blind and platform. I’ll put the platform out within a week or two and leave the blind shell off until sept. To avoid wind and storm damage. All in all I like the setup so far for areas without suitable tree for a ladder stand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A good option for those rainy days when hunting gets good.

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I figure there are spots a ground blind comes in handy and to be able to get up off the ground some even 6’ is helpful. My Oak Ridge Hunting Blind is still my favorite but it was also over $2k. Im
Going to put a 4x4’ piece of rubber mat for a floor in this guide gear blind.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ground blinds rule !

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Decided to wait until the hottest day of the year and go set my blind platform today. Hauled it on a trailer with my SXS. It’s set and all legs are staked. It’s as level as it’s gonna get in eastern Ohio hill country.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s in a creek bottom inside the edge of an agricultural field. Three or 4 main trails coming from the creek bottom thicket bedding area to the field. All are within crossbow range. I took my saw with me and cut a few shooting lanes. I like to do this stuff usually in March or April but my mother has been ill the last several weeks. More work to do at other locations. Lots of deer on camera so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks like a great spot !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Toker how much did that thing weigh assembled? I can see the capacity but couldn’t find the weight assembled. Thanks

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I have the same question - looks heavy! I have a location something like this would be perfect and necessary. I was looking at elevated blinds and platform stands last fall. My area is too rough and without trail so no hauling a trailer down the log road like you did. I think I may have to spend a fortune on treated lumber and haul it back and construct something if one of the tripod type platforms will not suffice.

I bet you will be quite comfy especially on the cold windy days.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I easily moved it by myself so not sure on the weight but maybe you Nancy boys could call me if you need help. Hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stood under it and raised it over my head and could easily move it alone. However, I’m a Highlander and a full grown man.

Reactions: Deehntr56

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haha we got jokes I see. Good enough didn’t look overly heavy but wanted an idea. I’ve got 2 spots that hold some water and doesn’t have any big trees. These would be perfect for. Deer love to bed on the high spots there due to being able to hear stuff coming. If you walk in or out slow in the dark they think your just another deer. Thanks Toker

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like it for the $. Seems to be just what you are looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts