Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have been fishing my whole life and now at 29 I just passed my hunters education course and got my license today. I have no idea where to even start looking where to hunt on public land. I am in Sagamore hills, I am also looking for a crossbow to buy and looking for somewhere to process my deer. Well hope to make lots of new friends and maybe some new hunting partners.

·
22,520 Posts
:Welcome:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hello all! I have been fishing my whole life and now at 29 I just passed my hunters education course and got my license today. I have no idea where to even start looking where to hunt on public land. I am in Sagamore hills, I am also looking for a crossbow to buy and looking for somewhere to process my deer. Well hope to make lots of new friends and maybe some new hunting partners.
If Ur looking for a good starter bow look at the barnet jackle and welcome to site

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
Welcome to Ohio Sportsman!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Why do some people have a filled in green Ohio and some just an outline
Welcome to the site. Filled in green Ohio means the member is currently on-line. Outlined Ohio is not currently on-line. I'd begin with the dnr site the last poster gave. They have maps of state hunting areas by region. You might have to drive a ways, but there should be some public land within an hour of you.

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
There are big deer taken every year in Sagaomore Hills. I'd be looking for some private land there. Public....you could look at West Branch or La Due. I can also recommend KDT processing in Stow. The operate at Kirbies during off hours.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks geezer and rrmike excellent help! I am going tonight to talk to 2 land owners in Sagamore. Wish me luck first time everything.
Sagamore,

Hudson started to allow bow hunting last year as well. The PD has info packets. Good luck.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts