Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i lost the article but its basically a new scoring system that allows all to enter deer...sort of like a open class...no restrictions on weapon type,letoff on bows and no deductions on antlers...beadys buck was even disqualifyed for pope and young because of letoff...so it sounds like a free frawl...maybe somebuddy has heard more bout it...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Beatty Buck

It's hard to believe that the Beatty Buck was disqualified because of letoff, I don't care what you killed a buck like that with. A once in a lifetime treasure such as that (if your that lucky), as any hunter will tell ya ought to rule the record books. Now if I could just figure out how to post a picture of that buck for all to see.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buckmasters

I think your talking about the Buckmasters system. It's been out for quite a few years now. No deductions, but no spread credit. Some like it, but most still prefer the Boone & Crockett system.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Sounds like a good scoring system but i'm not really into the scoring thing.They are all trophy when taken with or without archery equipment(but a bow is better)I think the scoring thing was great when it first started but i think it has gotten to a point that is all some guys worry about is the point of that deer not the enjoyment of just being in the woods

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I AGREE CARIBOU,I HAVE NEVER HAD MINE SCORED OR ENTERED...and when rooosevelt started b/c it was not meant to be what it is today and when st. charles started p/y it was not intended to glorify and make rich hunters...it was all intended to honor animals and as for b/c to change attitudes from professional hunting to being a sportsman,not my favorite term but mr. roosevelts...st. charles at one time even mentioned the current way p/y is it should be discontinued because his original intentions of honoring the deer is not the main intention today...scoring them never has been important but looking at them on the wall takes me back,to that day,16 % below zero and there he came as i figured,perfect 20yd. shot...i relive this as i look at this beautiful animal( half mount)that hangs abve my computer...in a blizzard,6'snow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts