Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can afford it and want it, go for it. There are lots of things that people spend their money on that I don't get, but that goes both ways.
I agree, some people like to 3D shoot too and not just used for hunting. I target shoot a lot so it's not just for hunting for me. I seem to find something else I need more that's crazy expensive. I bought a Volcon Grunt last summer and just got it in March, $5,900.00 that set me back. People thought that was a crazy waste of money but I love the damn thing lol. My Deer hunting addiction is a money hog.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a Horton Yukon x bow from 20 years ago. I think Ohio law limited draw force and speed back then. As fast as allowed at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I just ordered a TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle scope package. I’ve always had a backup crossbow just for Murphy’s law sake. I sold my mission sub 1 a few months back so now I’m back to 2. Traveling to MD this fall to hunt Sika / whitetail deer in oct. Too much $ invested to not have a backup if something were to go wrong.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you can afford it and want it, go for it. There are lots of things that people spend their money on that I don't get, but that goes both ways.
I would too. There is a sweet spot between a new product and the years after they work to produce it for lower cost.

Reactions: profdlp

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would too. There is a sweet spot between a new product and the years after they work to produce it for lower cost.
I am a computer nut. I have it under control these days, but back in the mid 1990s I paid a heavy surcharge for being an "early adopter" for all sorts of things. But hey - the latest and greatest comes with a price. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I appreciate you calling others here, including myself, fools. Normally I wouldn’t take the bait but I’ve been here too long to give a hoot anymore. Stay out of the thread if you only have the usual negativity. Plenty of that to go around on this forum the last few years.

Reactions: profdlp

·
Registered
228 Posts
No, not calling any one a fool. Do not miss under stand me. I just do not under stand why some one will pay big money for some thing. thay may already have one that works. I started bow hunting when all we had was recurves. I, did not buy my first compound untill 1980. I, still have it. It still well. Some of us thought the auto companys would price them self out 15 years ago. Looks like thay are still selling cars. I, have a fried that lives in New York State. N.Y. just started to allow X bows not long ago. i, told him, do not spend big bucks on a X bow, there are pleanty of good used ones here. i, was taught, It is not how much money you make. It is what you do with it.

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Confucius say man who fights with wife all day gets no piece at night

·
Registered
36 Posts
Might be a bit overkill but it's getting some great reviews. It's the TenPoint Nitro 505.

View attachment 56310
For a 57-year-old that has had 11 major surgeries, and having the right shoulder reconstructed twice with the next step a replacement surgery and the left shoulder reconstructed once. I was forced from Compound bow hunting to the crossbow world. I have been using two old Horton Express Crossbows I can't get parts for any longer, so this maybe my next investment to stay out during bow season on my farm.

Thanks.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts