Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you believe it and he hasnt coached a single game...:nono:these guys just dont quit...i guess their heart isnt just in it...youd think they wouldnt want to jeopardize this oppurtunity...or is it in their best interest to get in trouble...:mischeif:i can remember when players considered it to be an honor playing for the buckeyes...good luck erby,looks like youll need it...:biggrin:

·
Registered
372 Posts
****, you were their age once. Personally I did worse things than they got caught for (I never ran from cops though). And I was still known as a "good kid", and I think boys are maturing later anymore, around 30.

Everytime I have to go somewhere now (I avoid shopping like the plague) I see all these feminine boys. Real stupid and very soft. I always tell my lady friend "That boy needs to get some deer blood on 'em." That always gets me funny looks.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sure these boys know what theyre in for when they get a chance to play for the best college in the nation...especially the ones on scholorships...the elite players...but it should apply to the last guy in the game to keep out of trouble...anymore i dont know if theyre so dum...they meet an agent and he tells them of loop holes to get the pros faster...so now it may be strategy when a guy gets into trouble...:D

·
5,039 Posts
You're babbling again!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure bout anybuddy else but this is a call for concern...where will it end or will good players keep getting into trouble...how can it be stopped...:D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
not sure bout anybuddy else but this is a call for concern...where will it end or will good players keep getting into trouble...how can it be stopped...
If 2 players taking a leak at Muirfield and bolting when a cop is seen we might as well just close the football program.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing Coonie has never been to Muirfield to watch the Memorial tourney - I've pissed on the side of a few million dollar homes there myself....matter of fact I did it twice this year on Saturday.LOL

I'm not concerned about this in the least.....2 good kids that have caused no problems, do well in school, and simply made a bad choice (running...not pissing outside like thousands do at this event every year). We have larger problems than this in OSU athletics.

Meyer did more than I would....to prove his point. They both had their scholarship yanked - they are enrolled and are paying to go to summer classes. They have the opportunity to earn the scholarship back for the fall....and I'd be shocked if they didn't. I also will be shocked if they miss any playing time at all......I know I wouldn't punish them further if they meet all the summer conditions and get their scholly back.

This was bad timing......before the crap storm that hit Columbus this would have made page 14 news and these two would have had to run extra, etc. This is a joke of an issue and Meyer will face MUCH worse in his tenure at OSU.

How can it be stopped? It can't, it won't and it never will....it's pretty much that simple. Student athletes will get into trouble and break rules...get over it. You can select 110 honor students to your FB team and rules will be broken. Even small, non-relevent religous colleges have plenty of issues.

And boy have times changed....when I was a student a cop that witnessed this would have given these boys a talking to and let them off. Right? I didn't say it is...just that is the way things were. Cops only went after players in Columbus when they actually committed an offense that harmed somebody or personal property. Now they run them in for anything. No different than the press and the President....they used to protect the office and now they pick it to pieces. Just a shift in the world I guess.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in most cases youre getting ticketed for urinating in public no matter who you are...i think the fine should be 5000$...no reason for it...period...being drunk certainly is no excuse...:D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Don't attend any Nascar races, outdoor concerts, golf tourneys, horse races....and you can't hike too far without going so no backpacking either. People pee outside...I've seen many on the side of the highway over the years. As long as it is discrete and not lewd behavior it's not that big a deal to most.

I wasn't there and don't know the exact scenario with these two, but it shouldn't be turned into a mountain when it's a mole hill. They took a leak outside...big deal. They ran from the cop is the problem. Just stupid actions by young people. Not a huge deal IMO.

·
22,520 Posts
I wasn't there and don't know the exact scenario with these two, but it shouldn't be turned into a mountain when it's a mole hill. They took a leak outside...big deal. They ran from the cop is the problem. Just stupid actions by young people. Not a huge deal IMO.
x2!

in most cases youre getting ticketed for urinating in public no matter who you are...i think the fine should be 5000$...no reason for it...period...being drunk certainly is no excuse...:D
Have you pissed in the "public" forest of the wayne?:confused: I would bet you are a felon by now!:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man i dont believe what i'm hearing...hopefully urb has better sense than what i'm hearing here...:D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow......so much for going back to nature huh ****?

I'm sure you are keeping the Wayne clean.

$ 5000 fine???? Again, WOW!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If 2 players taking a leak at Muirfield and bolting when a cop is seen we might as well just close the football program.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing Coonie has never been to Muirfield to watch the Memorial tourney - I've pissed on the side of a few million dollar homes there myself....matter of fact I did it twice this year on Saturday.LOL

I'm not concerned about this in the least.....2 good kids that have caused no problems, do well in school, and simply made a bad choice (running...not pissing outside like thousands do at this event every year). We have larger problems than this in OSU athletics.

Meyer did more than I would....to prove his point. They both had their scholarship yanked - they are enrolled and are paying to go to summer classes. They have the opportunity to earn the scholarship back for the fall....and I'd be shocked if they didn't. I also will be shocked if they miss any playing time at all......I know I wouldn't punish them further if they meet all the summer conditions and get their scholly back.

This was bad timing......before the crap storm that hit Columbus this would have made page 14 news and these two would have had to run extra, etc. This is a joke of an issue and Meyer will face MUCH worse in his tenure at OSU.

How can it be stopped? It can't, it won't and it never will....it's pretty much that simple. Student athletes will get into trouble and break rules...get over it. You can select 110 honor students to your FB team and rules will be broken. Even small, non-relevent religous colleges have plenty of issues.

And boy have times changed....when I was a student a cop that witnessed this would have given these boys a talking to and let them off. Right? I didn't say it is...just that is the way things were. Cops only went after players in Columbus when they actually committed an offense that harmed somebody or personal property. Now they run them in for anything. No different than the press and the President....they used to protect the office and now they pick it to pieces. Just a shift in the world I guess.
great post...:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe we all should come take a leak on your house,car,front yard...being drunk has its privledges i guess...:D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Your welcome to take a leak in my back yard.....I do it all the time. Saves me a lot of time when I'm back there working in the garden, mowing, etc. not having to run up to the house. There's a couple acres back there mostly wooded....fire away.

Look, I don't anybody is arguing with you that you shouldn't be walking up to people's lawns and taking a leak whenever you feel like it. There are environments where it is common place to piss outside...yes mostly due to beer drinking. Ever been to a Nascar race? KY Derby infield? up to campus to party on game day? Outdoor concert events? People piss outside on a regular basis at these events......get over it. You are turning a mole hill into Pikes Peak!

And as was pointed out, you've likely violated this rule more than anybody the board members know.....after all you proclaim you practically live in the Wayne. Hope you carry a large jug with you:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts