Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I seen on the report on tv ...almost all were using longbows ...they use a special soft tip bout 4"long ...I believe its soaked in paint ...:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Haha. Last night my buddy from Austrailia and I were discussing hunting a bit. There isn't really a hunting industry or even much hunting done in Austrailia and he knows I used to be a really avid or even nutso hunter. So he asked why I quit. The reason was simple. Back when I used to hunt a lot I mainly rifle hunted in Kentucky and I honestly found it to easy. I am a qualified expert shot. So anything within a very very long distance was fair game and I got a heck of a lot of deer over a couple of years and the way I was hunting left a bad taste in my mouth..

So anyways I took my break and told him I am going back to it but only going to bow hunt because I want it to be challenging. He said he had the perfect solution for me.:idea: I should go to the public hunting grounds and take a nerf bow. That way I get all of the challenge and none of the bad part because I am honestly not going to lie. I don't enjoy killing anything. I hunt for the meat and the challenge that is it.

So he said hunting season would be hilarious and I could tip the arrows with red paint. So there would be a bunch of deer running around with a red mark on them. This totally reminded me of it. Although I said I didn't think the other hunters would appreciate it nor most likely the Game Wardens.

Might be a fun game though to try!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts