Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also how much more do you think this buck will grow? Love the split brow tines and the thickness of the base.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I ganna go on alimb an say he's 3 or a real nice 2 1/2 yr old good deer either way. Size well he's definitely eatin size!!!!! But probly high 120's low to mid 130's

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
At this point, he wont grow a whole lot more. He will develop the blunt ends of the tines into points (develop a mental image of the tines tapering into points) and start to harden out. As far as mass and length/width, hes about finished up. Theyre about three to four weeks away from starting to lose the velvet, depending on your location. IMO

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I ganna go on alimb an say he's 3 or a real nice 2 1/2 yr old good deer either way. Size well he's definitely eatin size!!!!! But probly high 120's low to mid 130's

I would guess mid 120s.

·
Registered
502 Posts
2 1/2 year old, looks like a narrow spread maybe 14 inches and deduct the brow kickers puts him low 120's.
IMO

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice buck..probably a 2 year old..
Looks like a great candidate for next year or maybe the year after that if you can hold out that long!
I would say he might make P&Y this year.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Yeah, looking at that deer's face I am thinking 2.5 yr old. He'll score p&y, but he won't get past mid 130's.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
They always seem to know where that camera is.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
In two years that deer could explode into a huge 180 class deer. Has all the potential in the world. Split brows 5 up on main beams. Don't shoot this deer. It's your future booner.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In two years that deer could explode into a huge 180 class deer. Has all the potential in the world. Split brows 5 up on main beams. Don't shoot this deer. It's your future booner.
Exactly buddy, I plan on passing on him there is a nice typical 10 pt that I want this year! Passed on him 2nd to last day last season, just hope he is around this year. Only put my camera out a week ago on a known trail so hopefully he shows up. If he does I will surely post.

Do you think this is the same buck from last year or an offspring of this buck. I cannot tell

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
For sure! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
120 Posts
3 1/2 I say. Don't shoot cause in a couple years he will be a dandy!

·
Registered
120 Posts

How can he be 3 ? They all are born the same time of yr.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
He looks smaller then the later pic but the genes are there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those are definitely two different deer. As for the first I'd say a really crazy 2 and a half or 3 and a half. Nothing older. Still fairly thin in the neck and chest. If you have a good place and can wait would be a monster. If you can't is still a great deer either way. Grats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts