close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need opinions on a new muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by wvdogbearhunter, Sep 3, 2012.

1. getting ready to buy a new muzzleloader and was leaning twords the tc triumph, whats your guys opinion on this or any other muzzleloader.

2. If you have the $$ get it.. if it on budget get a cva

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. sounds good...i got the cva dang i forgot which one...but triumph is a good gun...oh its the accura...:D

4. I bought a cva Electra with. Begera barrel. Paid 169 scope sling and all from sportsmansguide

5. I have a tc impact....for the money a great gun

6. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

TC Encore- Blackhorn Powder- Superglides or Hornady Hollow points- and get ready to whack and stack-:biggrin:

7. I love my CVA Optima, have not had a single problem with it. TC makes a great gun but I couldnt justify spending that much.

8. Cant go wrong with a t/c awesome guns. I just bought a traditions pursuit last year real nice muzzie said it was sighted in for 200 yards out of the box and it was!!

9. I own two Triumph's. I wouldn't buy anything else.

10. That is ALOT of gun for that price.My buddy paid 400$ for his a few years ago

Sent via Campbells soup can an string..

11. I have an encore pro hunter and a knight wolverine. It's surprising but the knight will out shoot my tc any day of the week. I was given prototypes of a new bullet that knight just introduced and can tear holes at 100 and shoot 3 inch groups at 300, that's at a bench of course. It's tough to get a 3" group at 50 yards with my tc.

12. I have a cva optima pro and love it. I use it during shotgun season too. Never had a problem with it. A friend has t/c encore and its nice too. I think theres alot of good muzzleloaders being built these days.

13. YEP - thats the rig - dang :whistle::mischeif:

14. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

Your not doing something right then-:biggrin:

Less then 1" at 100 yards:mischeif:

[​IMG]

15. Impressive. I've had my dad and some friends shoot my tc too and no one is pleased with it. Maybe I have a lemon on my hands.

16. thanks for all the info guys, im going with the triumph i found one used at a local dealer for a reasonable price with a scope. next question is for those of you who shoot the triumph what powder do you recommend and what bullets do you shoot.

17. Blackhorn 209 is very good. I use it in my Knight, don't own the Triumph.good luck with your new ML.

RGJZ06

18. In this gun I use 290 grain boat tail poly tip sabot bullets along with the 209 powder.

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

Attached Files:

19. picked up my tc triumph this evening, other than needing cleaned it is in very good shape. it has a bushnell 3x9 scope but it dont say what kind of bushnell so i figured it probably a cheap scope. i bought tc 250 gr. mag express sabit, and they soled me hodgdon triple seven 50/50 pellets. so any input on this load would b great. the only other question is the guy said it should have a 209 nipple but i didnt think they had nipples. thanks

20. No nipple.. it should have a beech plug and I've never used the triple seven pelets but i do use the pyrodex 50/50 pelets and powerbelt sabots good luck and u should try a few different sabots an powder if u have the $$