Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see who's out there...it sure can get crowded is this neck of the woods. Lots of small game, waterfowlers and deer hunters sharing the same areas.

I'm limited to public land again this year, and it's been a real struggle for me the past couple years finding sign in areas that aren't as crowded. I thought I would see who else on this forum is bowhunting NE Ohio public land. The idea is to share some GENERAL info through PM's, email etc, maybe get to know some of the people out here, not to take anyone's spots. I have been to all the WAs here, and know some of them pretty well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am here in the NE as well. Best kept secret is to hunt duing Browns games, you will have the area to yourself.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im also from NE Ohio and hunt the state hunting area at Wellington from time to time.

I second hunting during Browns games,,,lol.....that was funny.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes public land is tough I only can hunt public n I've hunted for 5 years still no harvest under my belt I've had sum actiOn but I think the deer on public r extra smart or sum n

·
Registered
216 Posts
Any Cuyahoga, Richfeild or Medina County hunters here?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Gutpile...I live in Cuyahoga County,,,80% of my hunting is done in Mahoning and Columbiana County(I grew up down their) but I do hunt at Wellington from time to time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
has anyone hunted any of the public hunting around akron. I just moved up here recently and will be planning to go scout a little before hunting starts up. just looking for something to get me started in the right direction. Im just looking for to see more deer movement to get some meat in the freezer. any help will be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We make several trips to Tappan Lake and Clendening each year. Those are a bit past Akron but we always see them and get them. A lot of secluded places to go

·
Registered
216 Posts
True North do you live in / near the great land of Parma?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Spencer Lake is also a good place, I have had great hunting their as well

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Gutpile...I live in Cuyahoga County,,,80% of my hunting is done in Mahoning and Columbiana County(I grew up down their) but I do hunt at Wellington from time to time.
It's nice if you have private land to hunt in Mahoning or Columbiana. I used to have two places I could hunt in Mahoning but not anymore.

·
Registered
372 Posts
has anyone hunted any of the public hunting around akron. I just moved up here recently and will be planning to go scout a little before hunting starts up. just looking for something to get me started in the right direction. Im just looking for to see more deer movement to get some meat in the freezer. any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Killbuck might be nice if it ain't terribly far for you. I'd like to try it out, but it's a little far for me. Seems like a pretty challenging place to hunt, but I know people bring pretty nice deer out of there. I should've specified I know the WA's closer to me. Forgot you Cleveland/Akron guys are NE Ohio too!

·
Registered
216 Posts
New spot

Reason I ask is that am working on getting a new spot In Lodi right off 71. If it works out I keep you posted. My regulars may not be to get to this one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts