close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Nov. 11th Buck

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by oreilly, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Well after my son got his deer on Oct. 31, it was my turn to Buck hunt. On Nov. 2nd I had my chance and hit a nice deer and couldn’t find it. Looked for 3 days with no recovery. I was sick to my stomach about it. Took some days off and started hunting again in hopes he may come back. Buck activity had dropped off completely at my place, seeing lots of doe’s, but the bucks were gone. Was kind of getting annoyed and was thinking I blew my one chance for the year. So fast forward to yesterday, I actually had decided not to go, but my wife told me to get my butt back in my blind and go hunt. So fast forward to 4:35ish and I see a buck come from the creek bottom and decides to walk across our field. He gets within 50 yards and makes a beeline for the woods behind me. So I’m sitting there thinking damn it, here we go again. Then I here a couple grunts behind me, then leaves, then silence. Well 15 minutes goes by and I hear leaves again, then more grunting. Then all hell breaks loose right behind my blind. I’m sitting there and thinking are you kidding me. So it settles down, then a doe pops out and starts feeding. Then a second doe and I’m thinking where did the buck go. Well about 2 minutes after the second doe popped out, here he comes. I had to watch him for about 5 minutes before he got within 30 yards. He was slightly quartering away and I let it fly. He ran about 40 yards and piled up. When me and my buddy got up to him, I then realized it was the deer I had on trail camera earlier in the year. My biggest deer so far. I have several trail cam pics of this deer before season started and right at the beginning of season, but he vanished after that. A buddy rough taped him at 156 and some change gross score. It’s been a great season for my son and I this year. Also just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words you guys gave my son and I on his first deer that I posted earlier this year. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1510497239.275214.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1510497329.195885.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1510497356.739797.jpg

2. Congratulations! Awesome buck!

3. That's one check of a buck. Congrats. Way to stay with it. You owe your wife now for kicking your butt back in the woods.

bankfish likes this.
  4. Awewsome! Nice deer and congrats

5. Aswesome buck Orielly!!
    Both of those bucks should be in the Grand prize threads with those stories!!! Black Creek Taxidermy could be mounting your buck for free and Rob's Professional Taxidermy could be mounting your son's for free as well!! You never know!!! ;)

6. Really nice buck. Congrats

7. love that split brow tine! good looking deer, congrats sir!

8. Good looking buck, congratulations

9. Very nice! Congrats on a dandy!

10. That’s a nice buck especially after losing one before that. Congrats and I hope you thanked you wife!

11. wow a veterns day to remember, not being able to find a shot buck is a hard pill to swallow,awesome!

12. congrats , he is a dandy .