Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well friday started bad. I over slept by 40 mins and didn't get to where I was headed till 6:30. Ran the motor straight to the spot I wanted to be without seeing but one other boat. Then the casting began. I started by throwing some glides without any luck so around 8am I switched rods and started throwing a black bucktail picking apart the timber. I made a long cast through about of timber and about 40 ft away I see this submarine snaking behind my bait. When I get the bait to the boat it is deep under my bait and I tell my buddy big fish. He asked how big and I said prob around 36-37". He laughs and says I thought u said it was big well for me it was but I couldn't make the fish out because it went so deep and didn't follow the 8. Few more cast and there she is again hot. We were both frantic this girl was a giant. She blowed up about 6 times on different baits and we never seen her again. I made one more cast with the Bucky and I seen her following under the bait. I yelled there she is and I made a deep wide 8 and she inhaled it. The fight was on. She tail danced like a tarpon. I'm still tore up as I write this. My leg shook forever afterwards. Caught and released. The tape measure from her bottom lip to the tip on her tail without squeezing the
Tail was 51-7/8. I'm sure she was over 52" but I wasn't keeping her or trying to kill her so in the water she went. We raised two others in the 40's and a few in 30's. Greatest fishing day ever.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Awesome fish! congratulations. Looks like a torpedo in the water. :coolgleamA:

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Wow what a monster.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir. That's what they make replicas for. I just hope if she's caught again someone else feels the same

·
22,520 Posts
Great fish!:thumbs_up:

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
What an incredible experience...to see the chase and coax the predator into attack mode doing the figure 8... all at your finger tips. Nothing quite like it!!
Congrats on the catch and release!
[/COLOR]
Oh yeah, IMO those minutes after putting a fatal shot on a giant whitetail may be the exception! ;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe so also. Musky fishing is the only experience that comes close to seeing and harvesting big deer

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Holy Crap! That's a monster musky right there. Congratulations and great job on the release. I was going to post my fishing report, and I'm reluctant now. Sheesh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts