Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think Mother Nature was being Dyslexic yesterday since it's 41F now and it was 14F yesterday. Anyway, I slept in and will be heading out in a few hours for an afternoon/evening sit. Hopefully they'll be heading for food since it's supposed to get cold again tomorrow. I can keep tabs on the Bengals beating the Browns via my phone. (I thought I'd stir the pot a little,:sneaky:)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Blanked sat am. Had 3 dies with a basket rack following 50 yards behind come by about 120 yards at 4:45. 10 mins later I had 3 bucks grouped up pass by at 45-70 yards. 2 of the 3 were definitely not shooters for me but the third I was uncertain. They came behind me and I didn’t get turned around. They ended up circling and being on my lap all three within 25 yards.
I had safety off and gun on the third and largest at 21 yards but I eased safety back on and watched. He was an 8 point but no more than 150lbs live weight or so and a young deer.

I had work to do Sunday morning and we are flooded with both Creeks out their banks. May make it out the last couple hours tonight may not.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I arrived and left within about an hour. Someone had dumped a mama cat and her kittens and they followed me and meowed the entire time. I made a call and they will be headed to a shelter today. It's a shame people aren't more responsible by doing the right thing. They are all very friendly and easily adoptable.

Also, if you're going to post that you would have killed them please keep it to yourself. I know there are plenty of people who wouldn't have done what I did but I did the right thing for me and they will get good homes instead of being a non-native invasive species.

Attachments

·
2,098 Posts
Good for you swohiohunter! You did the right thing. Most people wouldn’t have even brought them to the shelter. Kudos! Karma will repay you.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Awww, they are adorable. What a terrible thing to drop a pet off to fend for themselves. People abandon cats and dogs at our place frequently…so frustrating. Thank you for taking them to the shelter!!

·
22,809 Posts
Well, I arrived and left within about an hour. Someone had dumped a mama cat and her kittens and they followed me and meowed the entire time. I made a call and they will be headed to a shelter today. It's a shame people aren't more responsible by doing the right thing. They are all very friendly and easily adoptable.

Also, if you're going to post that you would have killed them please keep it to yourself. I know there are plenty of people who wouldn't have done what I did but I did the right thing for me and they will get good homes instead of being a non-native invasive species.
Why do people do this? Idiots- I would have handled it about the same way as you did. Well done.(y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts