Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ended up getting lucky with the lottery hunts. This was my first time entering for any hunts and I got drawn for the Mosquito Creek Muzzleloader hunt on january 18th. Im very excited but I pretty much know nothing about this area. I was wondering if anyones hunted there before and can give me a little insight on what to expect. Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
mr. bluedog and I hunted there in January of 2009. The snow was knee deep and it was -14 degrees when we started but it warmed up to a balmy 6 degrees above zero by afternoon. mr. bluedog shot a doe at around 4:50pm. We had fun and it made for a good story.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was in there 2 years ago for the last muzzleloader hunt of the year. Like bluedog said its usually really cold but you have to expect that in January. With that being said I saw alot of deer none had horns tho but it was late in the season. I made the mistake of walking really far in and I ended up getting a big doe and my partner wasn't able to make it that day so I had to drag here out for a couple hours myself. Then when I got back by the truck there were about 10 does standing in the field right by truck.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
226 Posts
my brother and i both got drawn for this hunt, him on the 18 me on the 11th. sounds like there are plenty of deer there if you can stand the cold.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have hunted it a few times. Late it is usually cold, you will see deer, they do have some nice bucks. Got a nice 9 out of there a while back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts