Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy helped me work on my property today. We cleared out a ton of honeysuckle and left all but one tree (accidentally cut a small elm). The honeysuckle was cut and the stumps treated with Tordon. Later this fall I'm planting pawpaw seedlings from my yard as well as tossing pawpaws around this part and where I cleared earlier. We also finished clearing up the spot from earlier and reinforced the platform on what will be a raised blind. Oh, and I put up no trespassing signs, I know it's a feel good measure.

The pics below are part way through and completed. I do have a ton of does on camera, one single, a set of twins, and a set of triplets. I also have two bucks on camera as well.

Plant Green Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Groundcover

Plant Ecoregion Green Tree Natural landscape
Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Tree Groundcover

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

Plant Natural landscape Tree Terrestrial plant Woody plant

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I enjoy doing the prep for hunting season just as much as the hunting itself!

·
Premium Member
Wildlife Habitat
209 Posts
Elm stump sprout leaves can be 20% protein. That’s an accident you can repeat and you’re only helping the deer. I hinge Elm and have never seen one grow out of reach from the deer due to the extreme browse pressure it receives. On the honeysuckle, try basal spraying. You can cover major ground with a full backpack sprayer. Keep the updates coming 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts