Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing an unusually large number of rabbits this year in areas where they have been very far and few. Anybody else seeing more than usual?

·
Registered
129 Posts
yes behind my house ive seen a lot more rabbits than usual. coyotes are a problem where i live and when i sleep with the windows open i frequently hear a rabbit squealing but not so much this year. i wonder if the weather/season has much to do with it? i know they tend to act fearless during the summer haha

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
There are rabbits everywhere around here. I have never seen so many and many of my friends are saying the same thing. The hawk and coyote population surely will take a jump upward in the next 2-3 years. And the cycle goes on. Here's hoping a goodly number of those rabbits make to November this year.

Sent from my SCH-I405

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
There are rabbits everywhere around here. I have never seen so many and many of my friends are saying the same thing. The hawk and coyote population surely will take a jump upward in the next 2-3 years. And the cycle goes on. Here's hoping a goodly number of those rabbits make to November this year.

Sent from my SCH-I405
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
776 Posts
A dry summer equals a better crop of rabbits. We have a ton of rabbits at the club, and there's still more breeding season left. It's really a good sign when you look out in the back yard and along the lane and see rabbits at every stage of life. From tiny to huge.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I have seen less this year in my yard. My coopers hawks had two young this year and they seem to be very successfull filling their bellies.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We must have a lot of rabbits in our yard this year...I've seen hawks in my neighborhood for the first time ever...caught a glimpse of one the other day perched on top of a rabbit in my neighbors backyard....then it saw me and took off, and that's when the 2nd one swooped down to try and take the rabbit...I had to let my neighbor know about it cuz she lets her cat outside once in awhile...I don't need her feeding the hawks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts