Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
The San Fransisco Chronicle?

More oil on the market has to lead to lower prices. World market or not, that's basic supply and demand.
Yes, we should continue to explore alternatives, as we are doing, but there is no end all answer to sustainable energy. Oil and other carbon based fuels will continue to be the mainstays for energy for a long time.
So there's no reason not to increase our domestic production.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

More oil on the market has to lead to lower prices. World market or not, that's basic supply and demand.
Yes, we should continue to explore alternatives, as we are doing, but there is no end all answer to sustainable energy. Oil and other carbon based fuels will continue to be the mainstays for energy for a long time.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

an AP article that ran in the chronicle as well as many others i would imagine.Is the information provided false?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drill baby drill!
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0
they could drill until this country looks like swiss cheese and it will not result in you paying any less at the pump.
but,keep beleiving in that if you choose to.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Greed

Why is that jeffmo? Supply and demand doesn't work anymore :confused:
He's saying, Its about the greeeeed!!!

Oil Prices prices spiking now on speculations,...not supply or demand!

Somebody has to pay for the gulf oil spill.."not gonna be the oil co.."

Much about Capitalism..is "the gouge"..

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why is that jeffmo? Supply and demand doesn't work anymore :confused:
"That's because oil is a global commodity and U.S. production has only a tiny influence on supply. Factors far beyond the control of a nation or a president dictate the price of gasoline.

When you put the inflation-adjusted price of gas on the same chart as U.S. oil production since 1976, the numbers sometimes go in the same direction, sometimes in opposite directions. If drilling for more oil meant lower prices, the lines on the chart would consistently go in opposite directions. A basic statistical measure of correlation found no link between the two, and outside statistical experts confirmed those calculations.

"Drill, baby, drill has nothing to do with it," said Judith Dwarkin, chief energy economist at ITG investment research. Two other energy economists said the same thing and experts in the field have been making that observation for decades.

The statistics directly contradict the title of GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's 2008 book "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less," as well as the campaign-trail claims from the GOP presidential candidates."

personally,I think the entire "drill baby drill" thought process is simply driven by politicians doing what they are being paid to do by oil people.
in the fall prices go up and we hear that it because the refineries have to switch over to fuel oil for hearing.recently we heard that the increases were cause buy the tensions w/ Iran.the Gulf spill created an increase at the pumps.when there's too much supply and they're SUPPOSEDLY not selling enough,the prices go up.in my area the prices would go up every thursday and the reason was supposedly because they sell more gas on the wekends.how many more excuses can they come up with?
It's never ending and as for me,I'm tired of hearing BS excuses from the oil companies.people would be better off if they quit trying to over-think the cause for the higher prices and just say that it's greed plain and simple.
how fast do you think the gov't would step in and do something if hospital emergency rooms would raise THEIR rates on Friday mornings because they are busier on the weekends than the rest of the week?

·
Banned
487 Posts
"That's because oil is a global commodity and U.S. production has only a tiny influence on supply. Factors far beyond the control of a nation or a president dictate the price of gasoline.

When you put the inflation-adjusted price of gas on the same chart as U.S. oil production since 1976, the numbers sometimes go in the same direction, sometimes in opposite directions. If drilling for more oil meant lower prices, the lines on the chart would consistently go in opposite directions. A basic statistical measure of correlation found no link between the two, and outside statistical experts confirmed those calculations.

"Drill, baby, drill has nothing to do with it," said Judith Dwarkin, chief energy economist at ITG investment research. Two other energy economists said the same thing and experts in the field have been making that observation for decades.

The statistics directly contradict the title of GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's 2008 book "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less," as well as the campaign-trail claims from the GOP presidential candidates."

personally,I think the entire "drill baby drill" thought process is simply driven by politicians doing what they are being paid to do by oil people.
in the fall prices go up and we hear that it because the refineries have to switch over to fuel oil for hearing.recently we heard that the increases were cause buy the tensions w/ Iran.the Gulf spill created an increase at the pumps.when there's too much supply and they're SUPPOSEDLY not selling enough,the prices go up.in my area the prices would go up every thursday and the reason was supposedly because they sell more gas on the wekends.how many more excuses can they come up with?
It's never ending and as for me,I'm tired of hearing BS excuses from the oil companies.people would be better off if they quit trying to over-think the cause for the higher prices and just say that it's greed plain and simple.
how fast do you think the gov't would step in and do something if hospital emergency rooms would raise THEIR rates on Friday mornings because they are busier on the weekends than the rest of the week?
Don't forget to add your resources list.. There are charlatans amongst us!!!

·
Banned
624 Posts
I think that what we're forgetting here is that "drill baby drill" is a cute catch phrase that reduces all the complexities of the oil industry down to three words that those in search of simplicity can understand.

It won't really solve the problem but given most people's minimal grasp of Economics 101, it gives them a mantra to comfort them rather than forcing them to think through the problem.

Whenever a cute phrase becomes the centerpiece for a simple solution to a complex problem, red flags should go up in each of our minds because the truth is being hidden.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You say so so it must be :whistle:
Not at all,just my opinion on the matter.:whistle:
but, i happen to agree with the article that more drilling won't reduce the prices we pay.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not at all,just my opinion on the matter.:whistle:
but, i happen to agree with the article that more drilling won't reduce the prices we pay.
Then why is Obama touting in his ads that he is working hard to lower oil prices by increasing production. Are you saying he's lying again?

·
7,173 Posts
If drilling (supply) doesn't affect prices why has natural gas dropped so much?
No one has answered this yet. I know it's an inconvenient truth to you big oil conspiracy theorists that the increased supply has caused the price of NG to drop.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then why is Obama touting in his ads that he is working hard to lower oil prices by increasing production. Are you saying he's lying again?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that he lied at all let alone AGAIN!
you really do need to work on that bad habit of trying to tell people what they are saying!

I did see him say that production is higher now than it has been in the last several years i beleive.Do you suppose that his point might just be that irregardless of the high production the oil companies may if fact be gouging the holy hell out of us?
you really do need to work on that bad habit of trying to tell people what they are saying!
anyway,post one of the ads you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Then why is Obama touting in his ads that he is working hard to lower oil prices by increasing production. Are you saying he's lying again?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that he lied at all let alone AGAIN!

I did see him say that production is higher now than it has been in the last several years i beleive.Do you suppose that his point might just be that irregardless of the high production the oil companies may if fact be gouging the holy hell out of us?
anyway,post one of the ads you're talking about.
I think you need a lesson in puctuation. This (?) is a question mark. I asked a question. If I had said "you're saying he's lying again.", then I could see justification in your response. You should get a grammer 101 book and work on that.:bouncy:

Anyways, that is besides the point.

The ad I heard just this morning was on Pandora radio. I don't know if they have links to their ads or not. It claimed that under Obama, oil production is the highest it has been in 8 years (this same ad 2 weeks ago said highest ever), and that with the increased production Obama is doing all he can to lower oil and gas prices.

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Obama was telling Okies today that he's going to fastrack a small portion of the Keystone pipeline so OK can get their surplus to the refineries in Texas to boost supply. Funny thing is, this portion does not need approval from the President because it doesn't cross international borders. It only requires the usual permits.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts