Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I had a bear break two of my spin feeders, and now get him on camera almost every week. Ughh I am frustrated, is there anything I can do to scare him off?

I am not giving any food out till next fall so that should help abit I guess!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bears roam widely in the spring looking for food. Once they find a food source they will keep returning. If you don't want them around don't feed them. More than likely they will be gone before you start feeding again in the fall.

If you don't mind post some pictures.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also this bear has been around my farm since before winter. Then it must have went into hibernation, and now it came out of hibernation in the spring time.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
that bear took up residentcy...if its a non res. bear...does it need a non res. license:mischeif:...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Watch your camera they are hard on them to, Hounds to run him a time or two might do it and then dump a pile of sweet feed in the area he runs to.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, i am not sure I am hoping he doesnt cause to much damage.

I do not need to use spin feeders so it is not that big of a deal, I have plenty of other food for the deer, but It has always just been something I liked to do, to feed them in the winter. I do not hunter over them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What part of Athens Co. is this? Had a friend this morning tell me about a guy he works with had a bear tear up a camera, still had 30 pics, near Athens and Washington Co. line

·
Registered
661 Posts
It will eventually get hit by a car. Ohio isn't really good for bears every time the odnr relocates one it usually gets hit by a car a few miles away.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Well, if you run one, run it to Shawnee. I'd love to have em.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
577 Posts
I know I'm late to the conversation, but I had a friend who welded old razor blades and broadheads directly to his feeder pole. The next time the bear appeared, he climbed up like usual and got some feed, but judging by the amount of blood and fur left behind, he made a wise descion not to return after a couple mouthfuls.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I know I'm late to the conversation, but I had a friend who welded old razor blades and broadheads directly to his feeder pole. The next time the bear appeared, he climbed up like usual and got some feed, but judging by the amount of blood and fur left behind, he made a wise descion not to return after a couple mouthfuls.
hmmmm i wonder what the odnr guy will think of that...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts