Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious that everyone here has a different view of what is moral and what is not, I guess it's all in how you were brought up and your background. Even though the laws state some things are legal there is also the moral side to the issue, and as I see it most people here just see that legal side and set the moral issues to the side. Just because something is legal does not mean it's right, this country has plenty of laws that are that way.

I have a high standard of morals when it comes to nature and it's inhabitants, the same as I do in every day life. Morals are a part of life whether you like it or not, in the public's eye this will decide most times whether you are perceived in postive note or a sour one by what types of morals you have. Most folks probley don't give a rats ass about there perception of what the public thinks about them, but as a sportsman you should. It's what the public eye see's you as that either makes you a good guy or bad guy.

When senseless degrading acts happen, the public see's this and automatically inserts you into the bad guy scenario if it involves the outdoors. They think we need to stop this, whatever the cost like taking our rights away as sportsmen. You can argue till the cows come home, but without having a high standard of moral values concerning the outdoors even though it says it's legal we will keep spinning our wheels and keep getting our rights taken away. You may not think morals has alot to do with it , but it does and it's sad because most sportsmen don't see it.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Subjective Moral Judgments

I've always thought of myself as having pretty high morals and other than a few carp or bluegills I've not intentionally killed fish or game I do not intend to eat.(not counting the one Brown trout I mounted)

That being said, our behavior is under increasing scrutiny from anyone who has a different view than we have and we all have to acknowledge that and do what we can to protect our image. I don't think that it's a fair statement to say that because someone does something that may not meet what you consider to be a moral activity as buring there head in "what's legal" as the same statment could be made about you or anyone else by others that don't hunt and fish because they view it as immoral and you are the one burying their head in "what's legal".

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
bucktai and who might be interested...3 good books to read...blood ties by ted kerasote...in defense of hunting by james swan...and know hunting by dr. david samuel .every fisher and hunter and trapper should read this material.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I have seen lots of people out there just like you bucktail. If people don't want to think or act like you, they whine and cry until they get there way. That's why you just won't let it go. People nowadays have a different view of bowfishing , hunting and trapping then say 10 years ago. Lots of people that don't even get out into the outdoors want to have it all stopped. Just because they started feeling sorry for the wildlife and most of you think they have feelings and can think for themselves, they only think about where there next meal is coming from. I seen a billboard peta put out a few years back where a lady had food and what would she do. Feed the boy that was starving or feed her cat, she feed the cat and thats what I think you would do. Now get over it and move on!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Desparado

Bud it's like this I have a right as an American to say what I want when I want (I fought for that right). I'll harp about morals and any other subject I want to harp about until hell freezes over, if you don't like what I got to say then don't read it and don't respond. Yes I'm against bow fishing (just the mass quantities part), and you just can't take it cause deep down you know I'm right. Yours and others replys tell me what I need to know, definately your low on the totem when it comes to morals. So stay off my case I'm not singling anyone out like you are. I've also seen lots of people like you and, and your type is the kind thats keeps putting us back 3 steps. Gimme 3 steps mister, gimme 3 steps towards the door, I hope I will never hear from you no more.

I'll say it again if you don't like what I got to say, don't respond it won't hurt my feelings. Who screens these moderators anyway ?

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
You started it and just want to flip flop to what ever suits you at the time...You just too funny...LOL :D :D :D ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.