Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Sterling State Park in Monroe, MI this evening. Honestly, not a lot to report really. I got there about 5:45PM and on the way to the park I was starting to wonder how much fishing I was going to get in because about halfway there it started to rain. Luckily for me it was a passing shower and eventually cleared up quite nicely by the end of the evening.
The biting was fairly quiet. I started off with nightcrawlers cast off the bottom out a ways on two different poles and another about a foot below a bobber. Besides the occasional nip or two with the crawler under the bobber, nothing to write home about. About 7PM I switched my bobber set up with my ultra light pole with waxworms going along the sides of the pier. A few minutes later I finally caught my first fish, a bluegill about half the size of my hand. I let it go and for the next hour all I got was a couple light hits on waxworms.
About 8PM or so I caught a dink of a bluegill that I was halfway tempted to try out on my heavy action pole to see if I could get a hold of a longnose gar or catfish but decided to throw it back and let it live for a bit. It was only the size of my thumb.
About 8:20PM I caught my third and final fish, another bluegill but a nice one about the size of my hand. Unfortunately darkness was looming I ended up calling it a day about 9PM when I started not being able to see my hand in front of my face.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts