Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share a neat little gadget I bought at a farm auction the other day. It's a small single row, pull behind, 8 wheeled disk. Ive been wanting something like this for a long time. Now I can very easily put my 4 wheeler and this disk in my truck and go make small clover plots at those those hard to reach areas. The disk is only 36 inches wide and weighs about 80 pounds. This morning I welded a trailer hitch, a couple braces and a platform (to hold a concrete block for added weight) onto the disk. I just gave it a little test drive and It tears the ground up pretty good. The whole assembly cost me $61.00 and I think it will work great and I can't wait to start planting!

·
5,040 Posts
Great find! I've been looking for something just like that!

·
Registered
286 Posts
With a little creative welding you should put a small set of wheels on the top to turn it over and transport it to you food plot sites on wheels

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I have on just like it. I used it for a while but a few braces broke. I need to pull it out of the creak bottom and weld something just like what you did...

That is a great Find! They are very nice but you do need quite a bit of weight to be effective...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts