Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever hunt missouri public land? Ive been successful in ohio so im taking a new challenge and going somewhere out of my comfort area. looking for any experiences guys have had out there. Should be a good year!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Haven't deer hunted out of state myself but I'm going to either Iowa or Kansas when I do. My Buddy in Iowa doesn't even bother with private because the public is so good. I want to hunt west Kansas for a week of spot stalk on the prairie. Kentucky is another I've considered. Missouri just hasn't caught my attention. Any reason Missouri? Just wondering myself because I haven't heard too much. Northern Missouri you have a woods/crop mix and southern you get into a big woods environment. I think the higher kill counties are in the south if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't deer hunted out of state myself but I'm going to either Iowa or Kansas when I do. My Buddy in Iowa doesn't even bother with private because the public is so good. I want to hunt west Kansas for a week of spot stalk on the prairie. Kentucky is another I've considered. Missouri just hasn't caught my attention. Any reason Missouri? Just wondering myself because I haven't heard too much. Northern Missouri you have a woods/crop mix and southern you get into a big woods environment. I think the higher kill counties are in the south if I'm not mistaken.
I am doing Kansas next year spot and stalk deer in prairie grass with a bow! should be fun! I have heard good things about missouri on 50-60 deer a night and the public looks pretty easy to funnel deer so I figured id give it a shot

·
Registered
228 Posts
I hunt NW MO, Andrew county and there are a few parcels of public. I don't know how gun is but bow is not crowded.
The deer bow kicks off around mid Sept. You get two turkeys/two deer tags for your bow season permit.

Iowa is a lottery draw system for non-resident, I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts