Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Michigan Recruiting

4K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  Deehntr56 
#1 ·
just gonna post a quote by GMbuck and see if he'd like to revise it a little:whistle: Not sure if he's been watching Flintstone rolling through Ohio. I think he likes living in Urbans back yard.

. tOSU will have the highest rated class (avg./player) in the country next year.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.----John Buchan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by GMbuck; 02-11-2012 at 09:22 AM.

#5 ·
Yawn as it's April!

I didn't throw out those predictions, but I'll say Hoke won't out recruit Meyer in OH or anywhere else. Urban will get the Ohio kids he wants for the most part...a few always get away and Hoke will get his share that don't want to play at OSU. Hoke and Meyer don't compete on many recruits as they are looking for different types of players at most positions.

I'm not a blind homer, and Hoke has a nice class of verbals. He is doing exactly what he should and what it will take to be good. For the most part, the OH kids he is getting aren't OSU recruits. He's pulled a couple away that OSU offered as well. While Urban is out courting national elite Hoke is snatching solid football players and establishing inroads. Hoke has pulled in a great haul of O lineman.

However, Urban is doing just as good and OSU is VERY comfortable with out new staff and their abilities. Urban will go slow with OH kids unless they are elite or a bad position of need. He'll shop the nation for the best he can find and fill positions of need. If he strikes out on his national choices he'll try to flip an OH kid if he needs him.

This will be interesting to watch play out as I see both OSU and UM taking a risk here.

OSU - court your top players on the board and slow play the OH kids and you lose out on some great players that would have been at OSU. You allow Hoke and others to better relations in-state because they will provide more scholarships to OH kids now with Urban at OSU. Could bite OSU in the butt!

UM - filling up a class early and taking kids a notch below what OSU will pull in some positions can bite them too. Lots of late bloomers emerge in the last year and Hoke could run out of ships (TX has this problem and it has bit them lately). What is Urban DOES continue to land the national elite kids? OSU could have a talent advantage.

IMO it will work out well for both schools and the league. I'm confident Urban will get his share of national elite as well as most of the very best OH kids he wants. I'm also confident that will allow more great players to end up at the other schools and UM will be the destination for many of them. Both teams should be getting better the way I see it.

By the way...Urban landed a verbal from the #3 TE in the country out of California today. He'll get a couple more from top rated players in the next 3 weeks too - he's got a silent from a top ranked player in the south right now that will announce soon. When the ink hits the paper in Feb OSU will have one of the top classes along with UM. Basically neither team should give too much of a hoot whom the other is landing...I'm not worried about who goes to UM just as long as our classes continue to be NASTY like this every year.

#6 ·
Yawn as it's April!

I didn't throw out those predictions, but I'll say Hoke won't out recruit Meyer in OH or anywhere else. Urban will get the Ohio kids he wants for the most part...a few always get away and Hoke will get his share that don't want to play at OSU. Hoke and Meyer don't compete on many recruits as they are looking for different types of players at most positions.

I'm not a blind homer, and Hoke has a nice class of verbals. He is doing exactly what he should and what it will take to be good. For the most part, the OH kids he is getting aren't OSU recruits. He's pulled a couple away that OSU offered as well. While Urban is out courting national elite Hoke is snatching solid football players and establishing inroads. Hoke has pulled in a great haul of O lineman.

However, Urban is doing just as good and OSU is VERY comfortable with out new staff and their abilities. Urban will go slow with OH kids unless they are elite or a bad position of need. He'll shop the nation for the best he can find and fill positions of need. If he strikes out on his national choices he'll try to flip an OH kid if he needs him.

This will be interesting to watch play out as I see both OSU and UM taking a risk here.

OSU - court your top players on the board and slow play the OH kids and you lose out on some great players that would have been at OSU. You allow Hoke and others to better relations in-state because they will provide more scholarships to OH kids now with Urban at OSU. Could bite OSU in the butt!

UM - filling up a class early and taking kids a notch below what OSU will pull in some positions can bite them too. Lots of late bloomers emerge in the last year and Hoke could run out of ships (TX has this problem and it has bit them lately). What is Urban DOES continue to land the national elite kids? OSU could have a talent advantage.

IMO it will work out well for both schools and the league. I'm confident Urban will get his share of national elite as well as most of the very best OH kids he wants. I'm also confident that will allow more great players to end up at the other schools and UM will be the destination for many of them. Both teams should be getting better the way I see it.

By the way...Urban landed a verbal from the #3 TE in the country out of California today. He'll get a couple more from top rated players in the next 3 weeks too - he's got a silent from a top ranked player in the south right now that will announce soon. When the ink hits the paper in Feb OSU will have one of the top classes along with UM. Basically neither team should give too much of a hoot whom the other is landing...I'm not worried about who goes to UM just as long as our classes continue to be NASTY like this every year.
If by us taking Ohio kids a notch below you mean Daveon Smith, Dymonte Thomas, Ben Gedeon....... Hoke is killing it right now. Any of you guys see how the 29th rated player in Ohio recently did at a combine out in California? Taco Charlton just beasted the hell out of everyone out there. Just assured himself of a monster boost in the rankings. Gareon Conley is blowing upas well. Good callon that one. There's a very good chance we end up with the top class in the country by taking a crapload of midwest studs and a bunch of national kids as well. Gonna have EJ Levenberry comitt before the weekends over. Meyer is risking pissing off te ohio HS coaches

#8 ·
Yes Hoke is doing well, but don't act as if he has his pick of OH kids.
Out fo all the OH kids committed to UM, Urban has only been after a couple.

You can have the Smith - he was a non-offer and not even on our "board". We got our guy in Ezekiel Elliot, a national recruit and the best player in MO.

Gedeon - he picked up a non-committable offer right at the end of Jan. He's low on our board and we would never have taken him; you'll see these offers to keep relations decent. We're going to take Love and Kimbrough...there may be another higher rated guy we can swing we'll see it's April!

Taco - he doesn't even start on his HS team and lacks offers from the heavy hitters despite impressive measurables. He's a combine champ that can't play football - another non-offer. Kid will be lucky to ever play for you.

Thomas is the only elite player from OH you mention here...the rest aren't elite players. Elite players in OH in order: Marshall, Burrows, Thomas, Gibson.

OSU has already signed the elite OH talent they wanted; they have the state's #1 and #2 in Jalin Marshall and Cam Burrows and Gibson will be a Buckeye. Other than Thomas we haven't let anything go we want.

OH kids UM signed:

Thomas - elite and everybody wants
Charlton - non-offer; offer list says enough and he doesn't start in HS.LOL
McCray - non-offer; too slow and too low on our board. great player
Gedeon - had a non-committable offer; low on the board
Butt - non-offer; OSU just got a verbal from the #3 TE in the nation and will pick up national recruit Huerman in 2 weeks 4/27.
Smith - already discussed; non-offer
Conley - who? decent player from Massilion with no offers. Surprised you offered him.LOL
Dukes - down the street and a non-offer; enough said!

So if you want to "win" the OH recruiting war with these "victories" be our guest. Most of these kids we don't want and they need to go somewhere. We'll continue to sign the elite OH guys we want and we can both be happy. Victory will be determined on the field.

#9 ·
Yes Hoke is doing well, but don't act as if he has his pick of OH kids.
Out fo all the OH kids committed to UM, Urban has only been after a couple.

You can have the Smith - he was a non-offer and not even on our "board". We got our guy in Ezekiel Elliot, a national recruit and the best player in MO.

Gedeon - he picked up a non-committable offer right at the end of Jan. He's low on our board and we would never have taken him; you'll see these offers to keep relations decent. We're going to take Love and Kimbrough...there may be another higher rated guy we can swing we'll see it's April!

Taco - he doesn't even start on his HS team and lacks offers from the heavy hitters despite impressive measurables. He's a combine champ that can't play football - another non-offer. Kid will be lucky to ever play for you.

Thomas is the only elite player from OH you mention here...the rest aren't elite players. Elite players in OH in order: Marshall, Burrows, Thomas, Gibson.

OSU has already signed the elite OH talent they wanted; they have the state's #1 and #2 in Jalin Marshall and Cam Burrows and Gibson will be a Buckeye. Other than Thomas we haven't let anything go we want.

OH kids UM signed:

Thomas - elite and everybody wants
Charlton - non-offer; offer list says enough and he doesn't start in HS.LOL
McCray - non-offer; too slow and too low on our board. great player
Gedeon - had a non-committable offer; low on the board
Butt - non-offer; OSU just got a verbal from the #3 TE in the nation and will pick up national recruit Huerman in 2 weeks 4/27.
Smith - already discussed; non-offer
Conley - who? decent player from Massilion with no offers. Surprised you offered him.LOL
Dukes - down the street and a non-offer; enough said!

So if you want to "win" the OH recruiting war with these "victories" be our guest. Most of these kids we don't want and they need to go somewhere. We'll continue to sign the elite OH guys we want and we can both be happy. Victory will be determined on the field.
Haha. Was waiting on the non comittable offer references. Urban would take Gedeon in a heartbeat. D. Smith was offered as well. And damn near every list I've seen has Thomas as #2 in Ohio. Urban is National. I love hearing the ohio "spin" on our recruits and how Urban is just after national guys. If that's his plan, it is dangerous

#10 ·
That's not his plan...his plan is to take the very best at every position regardless of what state the kid comes from. Urban will slow play OH kids that aren't elite and in the top 3 on his board...because he is pretty confident that a) he will land one of his top 3 choices b) if not he can either flip the OH kid or find an equal level player late in the game Lots of late bloomers).

Urban would NOT accept a commitement from Gedeon right now. That is absolutely untrue. If you want to come on the board and state you have a great class and you stole Thomas away...go right ahead. But don't come on here spouting stuff off that just isn't so.

When Feb ink hits Urband will have assembled another NASTY top 10 or better class even with it's small size.

And recruiting hasn't been an issue the last 10 years for UM. UM always recruits strong (other than some RR screw ups) and always has simliar talent. You won't see that change. Coaching staff has made UM fall off the map after LLLLLLLLLLLLoyd gave up.

As I said my opinion is that the talent level is rising at both schools. And we all know victory is earned on the field. UM fans can falp their jaws until Nov since they won the last game. And I would expect it after getting waxed by Tress year after year. I also don't think it will be long before we OSU fans have our jaw flapping rights again:biggrin:

#11 ·
Fish, you make some great points. I do not follow the recruiting trail much, but I am happy with how Michigan is doing. ohio will continue to pull in top guys as well.

As for jaw-flapping rights, I am fairly confident in Michigan starting a little streak of it's own (at least I hope)...at least until ohio gets a QB worth anything. :whistle:

Seriously, is ohio targeting any top QBs for next year or the following? Who are the national "big guns" at the QB position for the 2012 and 2013 classes? Just curious.

#12 ·
For 2013 OSU is in on JT Barrett from TX and Aaron Bailey from IL.
They are both dual threat guys and both rated pretty much the same. The staff feels like they have a real good shot at Bailey. A sleeper may be Mitch Trubisky from Mentor...Mitch is only a 3 star player that grades out about 88, but he's a big string kid that is athletic, has a strong arm and polished delivery. He's one many folks want OSU to take right now....he is coming to throw and he will know after the workouts. He may just be one of those guys that explodes his Sr. Year and he has the intangibles...attitude, maturity, hard to rattle - all the attributes you want in a QB. Saban and Alabama offered him conditionally like OSU and scheduled him to come down and throw. And Urban can flip Malik Zaire any time he wants em...don't look for that to happen.

I don't know what our coaches are thinking obviously; just what is reported - way too early kids we are looking at:

Drew Barker, Hebron KY
DeShane Kiser, Toledo catholic (I think UM will look hard at him too)
Anthony Siciliano, Orlando, FL

I won't know what to make of our team until the fall. I know they won't look much like the OSU teams we watched the last decade under Tress and there is a lot of anticipation. Shouldn't be too much change on defense other than we wil be faster. If any fan base knows what OSu feels like right now it's you UM fans...you went through this twice lately.

And it is a risk for OSU...for lack of a better way of putting it we are giving solid players away that would otherwise sign at OSU. I have a bad feeling a guy like McCray could hurt OSU. Former staff would have snatched him..legacy, great kid, great instincts and a tackling machine. His 4.65 speed made us pass...will it hurt us? we won't know for a few seasons. Most OSU fans are confortable with it as long as Meyer keeps landing his guys....if he starts to swing and miss too often it will definately hurt.

As for our QB...you're just wrong here and you'll see that. Braxton is the real deal and he'll put up some big numbers this year and head into next season on the Heisman list. As a Jr. he'll be on of the premier players in CFB.

I bet you even see a nice spiral coming out of his hand this year right away - it's amazing what a QB coach can do for a player like Braxton:D

#13 ·
For 2013 OSU is in on JT Barrett from TX and Aaron Bailey from IL.
They are both dual threat guys and both rated pretty much the same. The staff feels like they have a real good shot at Bailey. A sleeper may be Mitch Trubisky from Mentor...Mitch is only a 3 star player that grades out about 88, but he's a big string kid that is athletic, has a strong arm and polished delivery. He's one many folks want OSU to take right now....he is coming to throw and he will know after the workouts. He may just be one of those guys that explodes his Sr. Year and he has the intangibles...attitude, maturity, hard to rattle - all the attributes you want in a QB. Saban and Alabama offered him conditionally like OSU and scheduled him to come down and throw. And Urban can flip Malik Zaire any time he wants em...don't look for that to happen.

I don't know what our coaches are thinking obviously; just what is reported - way too early kids we are looking at:

Drew Barker, Hebron KY
DeShane Kiser, Toledo catholic (I think UM will look hard at him too)
Anthony Siciliano, Orlando, FL

I won't know what to make of our team until the fall. I know they won't look much like the OSU teams we watched the last decade under Tress and there is a lot of anticipation. Shouldn't be too much change on defense other than we wil be faster. If any fan base knows what OSu feels like right now it's you UM fans...you went through this twice lately.

And it is a risk for OSU...for lack of a better way of putting it we are giving solid players away that would otherwise sign at OSU. I have a bad feeling a guy like McCray could hurt OSU. Former staff would have snatched him..legacy, great kid, great instincts and a tackling machine. His 4.65 speed made us pass...will it hurt us? we won't know for a few seasons. Most OSU fans are confortable with it as long as Meyer keeps landing his guys....if he starts to swing and miss too often it will definately hurt.

As for our QB...you're just wrong here and you'll see that. Braxton is the real deal and he'll put up some big numbers this year and head into next season on the Heisman list. As a Jr. he'll be on of the premier players in CFB.

I bet you even see a nice spiral coming out of his hand this year right away - it's amazing what a QB coach can do for a player like Braxton:D
Yea, I think Braxton will thrive in this offense. It may be a bit bumpy at first until Urban finds the right guys to compliment him, but he'll be special eventually.

Lacure, Michigan has a stud QB comitted for 2013 class since last year. His name is Shane morris from Warren De la Salle HS in Michigan. He's a flat out stud 5 star lefty. 2014 has Kizer from Central Catholic in Toledo who is a lifelong Michigan fan. He may end up being the #1 QB in the country next year. Not sure if he's gonn want to sign right after Morris though. Another sure fire stud for 2014 is Chance Stewart out of Sturgis Michigan. Again, a lifelong UM fan. We will get one of these kids. I think ohio gets Zaire this year

#14 ·
Take Bailey off that list.LOL
He named his top 3 last night and eliminated OSU....looks like he will end up at Northwestern to stray in home state and for academics. Can't blame him he is a smart kid and I hope he does go to NW so they can have a top rated QB for a few seasons.

Red - no doubt the OSU offense will have some struggles especially early on. Anybody thinking different is kidding themselves. But there is only one direction to go after 2011:D Miller will throw up eye popping numbers in year 2 of this offense.

About Morris (totally serious not flaming): is he really that good? Many question him due to the low level of competition he plays. I know he tore up the Adidas Invitational and throws a nice ball. I don't pay too much attention to the web analysts, but rather to offer lists. I don't see him with the big boy offer list? Maybe because they all know he was UM the whole time? I'm not debating he has some nice offers, but he lacks the big boy QB offer list. Maybe I missed offers too? I see his best offers as UM, MSU, Tenn, Cinci... Bama threw out a conditional offer (but they tossed out about 20 of those to QBs - 4 guys in OH have one) What say ye?

And I think Kiser at Toledo Catholic will come to UM...he won't fear Morris at all. Two different styles there also.

Lastly, OSU thinks Treadwell is a 2 horse race between us now and he will end up at UM.

I honestly think at the end of the day OSU has only a slim shot at JT Barrett and they will end up with 1 or 2 of: Trubisky, Zaire, or Brogan Roback.....all the fans will throw a fit, but it will work out just fine. Roback is a Shane Morris clone...1 inch taller, a little stronger, plays better competition, is already ranked 10th or 11th at the QB spot and may just explode this year as well. OSU is staying close to him too and will watch him closely.

I want to see them take Trubisky....I just think he is going to explode this year and he handles himself like a 10 yr NFL veteran. He's way mature beyond his years and he can rifle the football wherever he wants. I'm probably the only Buckeye that wants Mitch though:biggrin:

#15 ·
Take Bailey off that list.LOL
He named his top 3 last night and eliminated OSU....looks like he will end up at Northwestern to stray in home state and for academics. Can't blame him he is a smart kid and I hope he does go to NW so they can have a top rated QB for a few seasons.

Red - no doubt the OSU offense will have some struggles especially early on. Anybody thinking different is kidding themselves. But there is only one direction to go after 2011:D Miller will throw up eye popping numbers in year 2 of this offense.

About Morris (totally serious not flaming): is he really that good? Many question him due to the low level of competition he plays. I know he tore up the Adidas Invitational and throws a nice ball. I don't pay too much attention to the web analysts, but rather to offer lists. I don't see him with the big boy offer list? Maybe because they all know he was UM the whole time? I'm not debating he has some nice offers, but he lacks the big boy QB offer list. Maybe I missed offers too? I see his best offers as UM, MSU, Tenn, Cinci... Bama threw out a conditional offer (but they tossed out about 20 of those to QBs - 4 guys in OH have one) What say ye?

And I think Kiser at Toledo Catholic will come to UM...he won't fear Morris at all. Two different styles there also.

Lastly, OSU thinks Treadwell is a 2 horse race between us now and he will end up at UM.

I honestly think at the end of the day OSU has only a slim shot at JT Barrett and they will end up with 1 or 2 of: Trubisky, Zaire, or Brogan Roback.....all the fans will throw a fit, but it will work out just fine. Roback is a Shane Morris clone...1 inch taller, a little stronger, plays better competition, is already ranked 10th or 11th at the QB spot and may just explode this year as well. OSU is staying close to him too and will watch him closely.

I want to see them take Trubisky....I just think he is going to explode this year and he handles himself like a 10 yr NFL veteran. He's way mature beyond his years and he can rifle the football wherever he wants. I'm probably the only Buckeye that wants Mitch though:biggrin:
He just Committed to the Bucks!

#16 ·
Morris Committed to UM after his Sophomore season and has recruited his ass off for us, hence no one's gonna attempt to flip him. And yes, he has torn up every camp and 7on7 he's been at.

So your saying Urban wouldn't take Gedeon, Scout's #159 ranked player? Or Jake Butte who is ranked 147 and your prized "national" TE is ranked 154? Not saying rankings are sure fire predictors, But all I've heard is how Urban's gonna fill up with all 4 and 5 stars but he wouldn't take theones Hoke's gotten even though their ranked higher? Or the slow footed McCray who is ranked 202 and a 4 star? McCray I personally think is ranked alittle high, but these are the same coaches you guys laughed at for taking Joe Bolden and said Urban didn't go after, only to see him ranked #67 in the final rankings. We'll see where Urban ends up, but he ain't gonna touch Michiganss class this year

#17 ·
So your saying Urban wouldn't take Gedeon, Scout's #159 ranked player? Or Jake Butte who is ranked 147 and your prized "national" TE is ranked 154? Not saying rankings are sure fire predictors, But all I've heard is how Urban's gonna fill up with all 4 and 5 stars but he wouldn't take theones Hoke's gotten even though their ranked higher? Or the slow footed McCray who is ranked 202 and a 4 star? McCray I personally think is ranked alittle high, but these are the same coaches you guys laughed at for taking Joe Bolden and said Urban didn't go after, only to see him ranked #67 in the final rankings. We'll see where Urban ends up, but he ain't gonna touch Michiganss class this year
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying:

Butte - nice player; would be a Buckeye under "old" staff. Again, different style of players and in OSU's new system Butte wasn't even offered.

McCray - legacy and a Buckeye if we wanted him. He is a GREAT football player and I have said as much 3 times! He has great instincts and OSU needs a MLB. He is a 4.65 guy - which ain't slow at that position, but Urban is recruiting faster, including the middle. McCray was told he wouldn't get an offer. Many Buckeyes fell McCray could bite us.

Gedeon - he was recruited, but not in top 3.

When the dust settles OSU will have a nasty class. You should be happy with what you have, but at the end of the day it won't be any better at all than what Urban ends up with.

Heck, we just picked up Barrett and we'll grab Shelton Gibson plus another national receiver to go with him. Huerman commits to us the 27th to give us 2 of the top 10 TEs in the country. Joe Bosa is likely to commit at the game Saturday. We are looking good for Anzalone, Love, Von Bell, Kimbrough (already a Buckeye as soon as he takes care of something academic), Lazard & Pocic. It's only April and Urban will get his guys assembled. We are going to take around 20 or more so we have room.

Just be glad you are again recruiting quality players and stop acting like you are owning Urban - it's far from the truth. Head-to-head for OH's best Urban is getting who he wants with rare exception. Hoke is just fortunate Urban doesn't want many quality guys that would normally be at OSU under the old regime. Time will tell if this works, but his track record would show if he gets who he wants he will slap the Big Ten hard as he has done everywhere he's coached. OSU fans are confident as well and we expect to be vasty improved this year & very nasty in year 2 & going forward with Urban Meyer.

#18 ·
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying:

Butte - nice player; would be a Buckeye under "old" staff. Again, different style of players and in OSU's new system Butte wasn't even offered.

McCray - legacy and a Buckeye if we wanted him. He is a GREAT football player and I have said as much 3 times! He has great instincts and OSU needs a MLB. He is a 4.65 guy - which ain't slow at that position, but Urban is recruiting faster, including the middle. McCray was told he wouldn't get an offer. Many Buckeyes fell McCray could bite us.

Gedeon - he was recruited, but not in top 3.

When the dust settles OSU will have a nasty class. You should be happy with what you have, but at the end of the day it won't be any better at all than what Urban ends up with.

Heck, we just picked up Barrett and we'll grab Shelton Gibson plus another national receiver to go with him. Huerman commits to us the 27th to give us 2 of the top 10 TEs in the country. Joe Bosa is likely to commit at the game Saturday. We are looking good for Anzalone, Love, Von Bell, Kimbrough (already a Buckeye as soon as he takes care of something academic), Lazard & Pocic. It's only April and Urban will get his guys assembled. We are going to take around 20 or more so we have room.

Just be glad you are again recruiting quality players and stop acting like you are owning Urban - it's far from the truth. Head-to-head for OH's best Urban is getting who he wants with rare exception. Hoke is just fortunate Urban doesn't want many quality guys that would normally be at OSU under the old regime. Time will tell if this works, but his track record would show if he gets who he wants he will slap the Big Ten hard as he has done everywhere he's coached. OSU fans are confident as well and we expect to be vasty improved this year & very nasty in year 2 & going forward with Urban Meyer.
I love all the "national" references. Haha. Effing hilarious!!! I never aid or acted like Hoke owns Urban. Just the silly responses that you actually believe you wouldn't take someof these guys. So you lead for some supers huh? I think we lead for the #1 RB in Ty Isaac. One of the topLB's EJ Levenberry. Fuller a 5 star cb from Maryland may be leaning to us. I'd make a charitable wager that Hokes class ends up better than Urbans

#19 ·
so what happens if ole bourbon meyers loses to meeshygun:mischeif:...his stock starts to deterioriate amongst the restless...me thinks...i've already heard it said he best win 10 including a win over meeshygun...:Dif the poor boy dont win the championship every year and wins over the woovereens every time ...curtains...:biggrin:

#20 ·
If you are convinced Hoke is the supreme recruiter we'll keep tabs over the next few seasons...even with less scholarships I'm willing to wager Urban ends up faring just fine against Hoke and the nation.

As far as who we would take - I've told you who. I'll tell you again:

2 of your OL
Thomas
D. Smith

4 guys - nobody else our staff deemed in our top 3 choices by position. Gedeon if things don't work out for us (very unlikely as we have Love and Anzalone ahead of him and expect to take both).

So there you have it - you have 4 guys that OSU would have taken; the rest no. Doesn't mean they aren't good players...just that we don't want them. Get used to it - we won't be going after too many of the same guys so you'll continue to land a # of good players we don't want or rank low on our board because of style of play. I'm sure there may be a guy OSU takes that Hoke doesn't want for the same reasons.

You will have a nice class...and so will we.

And does it doesn't really matter? Tressel smacked the crap out of a bunch of 4-5 star recruits up there on an annual basis. 5 star Henne couldn't beat OSU and we all know Scout rankings are far from fool proof...real far. Unless the kid is an automatic can't miss 5 star like J. Clowney, etc. it's all about the same. That's why I look at offer lists - that tells the real story.

So in conclusion I would continue to say the same thing...take your guys we don't want most of them despite their ESPN ranking. Be happy you have them and it will be settled on the field.

And when ink hits paper in Feb Urban will have landed most of the OH kids he wanted plus several top national recruits to fill in the gaps.

Good times ahead for OSU:biggrin:

#21 ·
Coonie - If Urban can't beat UM he'll be fired....it's that simple. As far as winning 10 and beating UM in 2012 being his measuring stick - I think you are off base there. I think that will be the measuring stick 2013 forward...win at least 10 and beat UM more often than you lose to them.

You aren't going to see a beat down like JT provided UM.....just unheard of the way JT owned UM. Urban won't have that kind of success against them and he shouldn't be expected to. Urban faired well against his main SEC rivals and he will be expected to have a winning record against UM or he won't last.

Don't fret...he'll beat UM like a rented mule once he has his guys in place.

#22 ·
Coonie - If Urban can't beat UM he'll be fired....it's that simple. As far as winning 10 and beating UM in 2012 being his measuring stick - I think you are off base there. I think that will be the measuring stick 2013 forward...win at least 10 and beat UM more often than you lose to them.

You aren't going to see a beat down like JT provided UM.....just unheard of the way JT owned UM. Urban won't have that kind of success against them and he shouldn't be expected to. Urban faired well against his main SEC rivals and he will be expected to have a winning record against UM or he won't last.

Don't fret...he'll beat UM like a rented mule once he has his guys in place.
just what some osu fans are saying,theyre very impatient...:biggrin:

#23 ·
And there you have it:

Anzalone > McCray

As long as Urban continues to get the majority of who he wants OSU fans won't care about letting great kids like McCray go north. If he starts to swing and miss too often the Indians will grow restless with the chief. His track record and what he's done in 5 months at OSU have most of the Alum and fan base feeling comfortable with his approach even though it is hard to watch solid OH talent go elsewhere.

#25 ·
I don't know; I was under the impression we still wanted him. He's going to be a great player IMO and ND got a good one. I think he just chose ND over OSU in this case.

If OSU still goes after Josh McNeil then we will know for sure. I expect OSU will continue to pursue McNeil and gladly take him if he chooses us.

OT - Bailey to Illinois; that is a big pick up for them. This kid is very athletic and could be a great one. They are sitting pretty at the QB position for at least 4 years.

Big Ten landing some elite QB talent this year!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.