Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just got back from lunch with the wife. I missed the Danica wreck. Larson just hit the wall. I think he has a promising career. Kyle Busch has had some bad luck the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I just got back from lunch with the wife. I missed the Danica wreck. Larson just hit the wall. I think he has a promising career. Kyle Busch has had some bad luck the last couple weeks.
boosh doesnt have the success in sprint cup like he does in nationwide series...he seems capable...kurt won a championship.kyle hasnt in the big leagues...:biggrin:

·
Registered
679 Posts
There was a stretch a few years ago that Kyle was winning all the time. It didn't matter what series. He is a lot more mature nowadays. He might be the best driver out there. He has some crazy talent. But the best driver doesn't always win.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
the best driver won today...is this the old gordo...:mischeif:logano had the car but got schooled by the master...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
the best driver won today...is this the old gordo...:mischeif:logano had the car but got schooled by the master...:biggrin:
It's not hard to agree with you and we had it all in this race. Top cars in the mix all day. Vice Grips for a shifter, almost. Newman and JJ almost in a fight after the race. Cars in the wall and even had a fire to go with it. I was really pulling for Kyle Larson.

I will say that I haven't seen Gordon with such poor performance during a restart.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
An exciting race for Michigan for a change.
michigan is lots better than daytona or talledaga...where they have inline racing...wish they could get them set up like michigan...where theyre actually racing and bumping at 200+mph...:Djohnsons the punk he gets outta control too often an rubs up against others then acts like theyre the problem...i hope newman does him in at bristol an johnson gets another dnf...:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
michigan is lots better than daytona or talledaga...where they have inline racing...wish they could get them set up like michigan...where theyre actually racing and bumping at 200+mph...:Djohnsons the punk he gets outta control too often an rubs up against others then acts like theyre the problem...i hope newman does him in at bristol an johnson gets another dnf...:D
Today's race was only good because of the cautions. That kept the cars from spreading out. Gordon might not of one if it wasn't for the last caution. You could hear on the radio how Logano was getting to him. Gordon got a good push from Harvick.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Today's race was only good because of the cautions. That kept the cars from spreading out. Gordon might not of one if it wasn't for the last caution. You could hear on the radio how Logano was getting to him. Gordon got a good push from Harvick.
i agree gordo owes harvick big time...logano was ready to check out...:D

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i agree gordo owes harvick big time...logano was ready to check out...:D
Joey had a good car in clean air but not so much behind another fast car. Same with Gordon, clean air was everything in this race. Gordon checked out on everyone once he was out front. He took the lead with enough laps left until the finish that if someone had a faster car they could have run him down. Even Happy couldn't catch him and finished over a second behind, (-1.4) Gordon in P2. The fastest car won today which doesn't always happen.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Joey had a good car in clean air but not so much behind another fast car. Same with Gordon, clean air was everything in this race. Gordon checked out on everyone once he was out front. He took the lead with enough laps left until the finish that if someone had a faster car they could have run him down. Even Happy couldn't catch him and finished over a second behind, (-1.4) Gordon in P2. The fastest car won today which doesn't always happen.

RGJZ06
logano seemed to have handling problems when he got up close behind someone...he was wigglin around like a blind squirrel...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
logano seemed to have handling problems when he got up close behind someone...he was wigglin around like a blind squirrel...:biggrin:
Joey did very well in this race and overall much better than when he drove for Gibbs if my memory is correct. Between Brad and Joey they have stepped up for Ford motor company. Jack Roush has to be scratching his head knowing the Penske group has completely out powered his team with pretty much the same engine package. The Penske cars get through the corners with the best of them maybe even better, (that is what they are known for). Look what they did with a Dodge. My God they won a championship with that car.

Boyer and Hamlin finished in the top ten and that was good for them. They didn't have a car that could make it up to the front and lead given they admit that they are somewhat down on power compared to some teams. Brian Vickers had a very good car as well and man could he carry speed through the corners. They had that thing singing right into the corner and could carry the speed right on through. If he had an engine in that thing he could have won it all. Jeff's car was whistling down the straight always and no body had anything for him there. Hamlin said he was getting killed down the straights but was great in the corners.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
679 Posts
Joey led a ton of laps too. Whoever got out in front after a restart dominated. Joey would have won if Harvick would have pushed him.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Joey led a ton of laps too. Whoever got out in front after a restart dominated. Joey would have won if Harvick would have pushed him.
Joey did lead the most laps and clearly had a fast car. That clean air was everything so it would be fun to watch Jeff pass him in the final laps. There was a bunch of laps left after the final restart. To be honest I was hoping Joey would win but it was not to be. I also would have liked to see him race Harvick but Joey couldn't get up to him. That would have been fireworks as those two are very aggressive.

RGJZ06

21 - 34 of 34 Posts