close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

maumee catfish

Discussion in 'Ohio Catfish Anglers' started by bill_gfish, Dec 25, 2002.

1. I was wondering if anyone fishes for catfish in the maumee. I have tried one at independence but the shad I could find were about 2 inches long. Almost everycast they would fly off. Next time I am comming more prepared. It is about 1.5 hours closer than the ohio and was ondering if anyone fishes it with any luck.

I am gonna try to get there more often this comming year.

Bill

2. Hi Bill

Sure wish i could help ya with spots and such..but im guessing Erie-guy can help ya more...i do know that all the channel cats & flatheads at Cabelas in thier tanks are from the Maumee R. So theres some big cats in there for sure.
    Good luck,
    Scott

3. I am gonna have to do some searchin around for the deep spots. Dip found some decent depth last time he was there. The hardest part is dragging the gear all around the river.

Bill

4. ok, now someone has had to have heard something about fishing the maumee for cats. I don't want any hotspots. Just wanting to hear if anyone has done any good, I am thinking of trying it the morning of the 1st. If I can get some bait tomorrow I think I am gonna give it a go.

Bill

5. not sure if it would help u any..i used to see folks catchin some cats just up the river from the jerome road rapids...but thats been awhile ago..not sure if they would be there now..