Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
22,957 Posts

·
22,957 Posts
I have handled both new Ruger/Marlins. the 1st one was THE 1895 SBL at a Gun Show, and the fit and finish was very good. Smooth action, and I like the threaded Barrel. Everything about the gun was well made. They had a $2,500 price on the gun back in May when demand was very high and limited supply. That is Gun Broker prices and they have been selling in the $2,000-$2,600 range there. MSRP Per Ruger is $1,199 last December. They are selling at a premium.

The new one that came out Recently- Ruger/Marlin Trapper. This one was at a local gun store. They put it out a few days earlier. They only received one. I had it in my hands for 10 minutes or so, fit and finish was great and I seriously debated on buying it at $1,349. After considerable debate in my mind, I passed since I want to see what other models they put out. I will add a new Ruger/Marlin at some point. Both guns impressed!!

The following Saturday, I stopped in again and the Ruger/Marlin was gone but for the 1st time in 3-4 years they had a used JM Stamped Marlin on the used gun rack. Saw the Bullseye on the stock and knew right away. Asked to see it and when they handed it to me I saw the Short Barrel was ported and the Walnut wood furniture was real nice. I knew I had a 1895G (Guide Gun) in my hands in pristine condition at a great price. They made these 1998-2002 only. This one was a 1999. After looking it over in detail, it looked like it was used very little. It came home with me. It was the second JM Stamped one I bought this past month. Bought a 336 Bicentennial at a gun show right before this one a few weeks back. This one was born in 1970.

With all the time in the world on my hands in Retirement, looks like I have a new hobby looking for firearms.

Reactions: AES

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
The new Ruger made Marlin 1895’s are extremely well made! Ruger is doing is right!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts