Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm a big Ruger fan. they make some nice firearms but also some cheap ones.That said even the cheap marlin firearms of their hay day were better. Marlin is a great name in the industry and i hope they uphold that. Soon Remington wont have much left. They just sold their ammo manufacturing I believe. That seems crazy to me with the ammo prices and demand currently.

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
Yeah , it seems every time a company moves their machines it takes them some time to get them set back up and running right . I hope they implement some good quality control and don't pump out a bunch of junk right of the bat .

·
22,957 Posts
I think it's a good thing for the Marlin lever guns. View attachment 40528
X2- I think Ruger's approach will enhance the Marlin of the good old days and work toward the quality of the JM stamped Marlins. Looking forward to this. Purchase is completed and paid for.

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Completes the Acquisition of Marlin Assets
November 24, 2020 05:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

SOUTHPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) announced today that the closing of its acquisition of substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets occurred on Monday, November 23. The agreement to purchase these assets emanated from the Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. bankruptcy and was approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama on September 30, 2020. The purchase price of approximately $28.3 million was paid with available cash on hand.

Chief Executive Officer Christopher J. Killoy noted the excitement that has permeated the firearms industry in anticipation of the confluence of these two iconic firearms brands, "Since we announced the agreement to purchase Marlin in September, we have heard from countless members of the firearms community - consumers, retailers, distributors, writers, and collectors - who are delighted that legendary Marlin rifles are now part of the Ruger product family. We are excited to start moving these assets to our Ruger facilities and setting up the manufacturing cells that will produce Marlin rifles for years to come. We look forward to re-introducing Marlin rifles in the latter half of 2021."

About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. For more than 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®," echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.

The Company may, from time to time, make forward-looking statements and projections concerning future expectations. Such statements are based on current expectations and are subject to certain qualifying risks and uncertainties, such as market demand, sales levels of firearms, anticipated castings sales and earnings, the need for external financing for operations or capital expenditures, the results of pending litigation against the Company, the impact of future firearms control and environmental legislation, and accounting estimates, any one or more of which could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. The Company undertakes no obligation to publish revised forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date such forward-looking statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of subsequent unanticipated events.

Contacts
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.
One Lacey Place
Southport, CT 06890
www.ruger.com
203-259-7843

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
This is a great thing for marlin fans

Reactions: Deehntr56

·
22,957 Posts
This is a great thing for marlin fans
I myself am friggin stoked!! :D
And there are many- With 3.6 Million posts and over 84,000 members the Marlin Firearms forum has a very large following of Marlin gun owners all over the country and the JM stamped Marlins are the Cream of the crop. Sturm Ruger has a shot at continuing that tradition.

Link below:
https://www.marlinowners.com/forums/

The purchase was paid in cash by Sturm Ruger and no outside private equity firm is pushing the buttons like Cerberus did with Remington. Cabelas started their downward slide when a hedge fund manager bought 11% of the company and then started to push them to sell, pushing the price up on the stock and then the hedge fund owners bailed a week later making 90 million dollars. Basspro jumped in soon after and the rest is history.

Sturm Ruger has added this product line to their mix and has the intent to make it work. Pricing for the same or better quality then the JM stamped version will be their challenge.

·
22,957 Posts
Getting closer-From Guns.com......

Last week, the social media accounts for Marlin Firearms made their first posts in five years, seemingly paving the way for the return of the lever-action rifle giant.

"We’re back! Stay tuned for weekly updates on the return of Marlin," posted the company last Friday along with the motto, "Long Live the Lever Gun." Prior to that, the 173,000-follower page had last posted in May 2016.

Ruger, who purchased the 150-year-old Marlin brand in its entirety for $28.3 million at a federal bankruptcy auction last summer from the assets of the defunct Remington Outdoors, doubled down on the social media post by sending out an email blast with much the same messaging.

As previously reported by Guns.com, court filings detail that Ruger stood to acquire more than 80 pages of tooling, machines, components, and spare parts needed to produce Marlin firearms as well as related intellectual property, patents, FFLs, domain names, social media pages, and trademarks. Ruger, flush after several years of record sales, paid cash for the assets.

Marlin Firearms was originally founded in 1870 by firearms designer John Mahlon Marlin. While the company produced handguns, shotguns, and machine guns over its existence, as well as bolt- and pump-action rifles, it is in the field of lever-action "cowboy" guns that it made its reputation, cranking out more than 30 million such rifles by 2008. In a statement by Ruger last year, the reborn company will make lever guns a top priority to reintroduce to the market "in the latter half of 2021."

With the NRA's Annual Meetings and Exhibits set for September in Houston, with a potential 80,000 attendees, the likelihood of the "new" Marlin being unveiled in Texas seems high.

·
22,957 Posts
Looks like it's getting close-looks like around Mid December or so first up is the 1895 SBL in 45/70: Looks like the Model 60 and the 444 and 336 models are looking good so far as well.

They will slowly work the new Marlins in by the sound of it.

Here is the broadcast with information below-

·
22,957 Posts
Haven't seen one in front of me yet, but they are out there- here is info on the new Marlin 45-70. based on the review the gun is well made and the MSRP is reflective of that. Looks like a very nice gun.

Fit and finish from what I see looks nice. It will have a stainless threaded barrel as well. Wood looks very nice.

"The Marlin 1895 SBL in .45/70 Gov’t is the first rifle out of the gates since Marlin was acquired by Ruger, and after using one for the last several weeks and taking it hunting, I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. Ruger has done right by the beloved brand. And not only has Ruger rescued Marlin from the wreckage of the Remington bankruptcy but based on what I’ve seen so far, it is making the best lever-actions in Marlin’s history. Put simply, Ruger has successfully reincarnated Marlin as a modern gun company."

Here is the link to review-

Marlin 1895 SBL .45/70 Gov’t Specs
  • Receiver: Forged, heat treated, and polished 416 stainless steel
  • Barrel: Cold-hammer forged 410 stainless steel
  • Barrel length: 19 in.
  • Capacity: 6-shot tubular magazine (6+1)
  • Stock: Black and gray laminate
  • Sights: Adjustable ghost ring rear and Hi-Viz front sight with tritium insert
  • Scope base: Picatinny rail
  • Bolt: Nickle plated with spiral fluting
  • Loop: Oversized, polished 416 stainless steel
  • Trigger: 6 pounds, 7 ounces
  • Weight: 7 pounds, 4 ounces
  • Overall length: 37 ¼ in.
  • Barrel twist: 1:20 inches
  • Muzzle: Threaded 11/16”-24
  • Safety: Crossbolt
  • Availability: About 1,000 units shipping ASAP with more in the pipeline

·
22,957 Posts