Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thank you for posting this link.

Does anyone think any action will be taken on any of these issues or were these meetings just a means for hunters to express their wish lists? Myself I don't believe any changes will happen.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some changes could be made...all i want is for the bag limit in Zone C to decrease. I would be much happier. I think some things will change drastically once the deer herd is near the ODNR goal. Guess just wait and see....

·
5,040 Posts
Good info on both sites, tough to get many changes when there are so few voicing their opinions.....makes it hard for the DNR to use data when only a couple hundred out of several hundred thousand are there. Not that I don't think the meeting are a good idea, just not sure how much the data can be relied upon. I wonder how hard it would be for the DNR to have a survey attached to license purchases? Something similar to the Hip survey we fill out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
thanks for the post. I went for the first time and wrote down my concerns. I will go next year but be a little more prepared.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
398 total people showed:

1 wanted the use of Antlerless Deer Permits to go away
9 wanted shorter gun season/no bonus weekend
6 wanted a LONGER deer gun season

I saw nothing that said outlaw baiting, unless I missed it, so I am guessing coonie didn't go? ;)

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
398 total people showed:

1 wanted the use of Antlerless Deer Permits to go away
9 wanted shorter gun season/no bonus weekend
6 wanted a LONGER deer gun season

I saw nothing that said outlaw baiting, unless I missed it, so I am guessing coonie didn't go? ;)
thats not my concern...i've never contacted the odnr about baiting,i think its sad how so many now would want to shorten the gunners season for their own selfish greed...i will not stoop that low...as for baiting its already illegal to do where i hunt...and 4 wheelers arent allowed either...thats fine by me...:bouncy:i do believe the odnr will take action where its needed...they have in the past...i'd guess theres very few areas that are in dire straits...just a guess...some guys just think because they pay so much to bait they should see 20-30 deer around the bait station every time they go out...in real hunting its never that way...youre lucky to see 3-5 deer in a sit and then in 50% of the times you go out...for me thats good...but thats also what makes it so exciting...hunting to me isnt a business or a wack and stack or a trophy every year...its not a contest...and it certainly isnt easy...guys are spoiled today...:biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts