Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a target shooting enthusiast, newly discovered my hobby about 6 months ago. I have completed a basic handgun safety course, and will apply for my CCW permit on the 5th of June.

The reason for my thread is, I was wondering if there are any land owners who would allow me to shoot on their property. I spend 10 hours a week at an indoor shooting range, firing at paper. I thought it would be great to have somewhere to go where I could set up targets of my own (ballistics gel, gallon jugs, wine bottles, watermelons, pork shoulder, etc...) and do ammo tests with various guns I own. I would be willing to pay well, ($20/per hour or so) and would of course clean up my mess. I would usually be alone, but would occasionally have one friend accompanying me. I fire nothing larger than 9mm (yet) so there would be minimal noise.

I would very much appreciate a response from anyone who is interested. It's easy money for no effort, but it would be worth it to me.

Have a good day, ladies and gents :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'd be willin to let you shoot at my place here in Jackson. Where do you live and I wanna meet you first.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Columbus, but I know Jackson reasonably well. Did some work with the city government in Waverly.

I live in Columbus, a bit of a haul, but would be worth it to make a day trip. I'd be happy to present myself to you beforehand. Thanks for the reply! I will PM you my phone # and we can talk about it, ok?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't heard back from Mr. Miller as of yet, so anyone else who may be interested in some easy money please let me know. Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
similar

I've been in OH now for 1.5 yrs. I've not really looked, but I never noticed any place to shoot outdoors/privately -- unless you join some sportsman club.

I've mostly given up thinking about reactive targets, water jugs, etc and just shoot paper at a local range.

I'm near Dayton, so I think 1 is near here. Years ago, I was up in Danville ... and, if I were still there, would have plenty of space to shoot.

Good luck on your search.

-- joej

1 - 5 of 5 Posts