Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for ground hog hunting

Discussion in 'Ohio Small Game Hunting' started by Nick Golan, Mar 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM.

1. Looking for land to hunt groundhogs on with my son. Mainly looking for farm land that would offer longer range shots, responsible hunters..
  2. go knock on doors. most likely you will get a yes!

3. Get on the net and look for golf courses located in the sticks. Usually they are open 6 days a week with Monday's being closed. Most grounds crews work in the morning. That would leave the afternoons open. I used to shoot ground hogs as a kid on two golf courses. They would let me use a beat up golf cart to hunt out of. Bag rack worked good for carrying the gun, fishing pole, and throwing dead groundhogs onto. They are used to the carts so it does not hurt asking to use one. Plus the seat works good for a gun rest. If you find one in the fairway just turn around and use the yardage markers to mark off the distance. It may be more difficult these days but back then they even offered to pay for my shells. Get in good and you might even get a place to shoot geese as well.
    bywayofthearrow likes this.