Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a deer cam that can send the images by Wi-fi so I don't need to walk around the area just to retrieve pictures? I'm looking for something with a 60' sensor range, 500' transmission range, night IR, and in the 8MP range.

This would be my first cam so forgive me if I get any of the specs wrong. All I know is what I've read in ads.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Look into spypoint I know they have a few and one that has a box that you can put away from the camera for your sd card. It's called the tiny with W I think.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Here's the link to Covert Scouting Cameras. Have never used them, so can't speak to the quality of pictures and operation; but seems to be along the lines of what you're looking for and price point seems decent.

http://www.dlccovert.com/

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys... I'll look them up and be sure to post some of my first pictures.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Trail-Cameras

I've tried several brand name cams the past few years & have settled on the spypoints. Easy to operate great trigger speed & clear pics. Also the batteries last extremely long even in cold weather. I got over 1000 pics & video on my first set! The video mode on the 2 models I have( IR-5& IR-6) works great also. These 2 models will cost a bit over 100 dollars depending on where you get them. go to spypoint.com to view the different models/accessories & click on gallery to view hundreds of photos from any model you desire. If you can't pay that much you might try wild game.Good Luck Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
These cameras work and email/text pics no wifi needed

Hey man, saw your post, i have tried several... the best quality and reliability is the Super Cell Ninja from Uway Outdoors. you can get the cam itself for about $329.99 and then program a memory card to txt/email you the pics direct to up to 4 phone numbers and 4 texts.
www.USHALO.com sells a complete package with camera, factory programmed memory card, and simcard preloaded with 1,000 images.
This package is factory programmed and tested before it ever is shipped...
so what you get is truly plug and play once it arrives at your door.... I had them set up 2 of them for me and they are amazing.
Literally 10,000+ images on a single set of 12aa batteries... no more driving to the farm to check the trail cameras... they come immediately straight to the phone!!! AWESOME

email me with any ???s [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
No it's not a typo..YES! 10,000 IMAGES

No it's not a typo...
10,000 images on one set of batteries!!!
hey man, saw your post, i have tried several... The best quality and reliability is the super cell ninja from uway outdoors. You can get the cam itself for about $329.99 and then program a memory card to txt/email you the pics direct to up to 4 phone numbers and 4 texts.
www.ushalo.com sells a complete package with camera, factory programmed memory card, and simcard preloaded with 1,000 images.
This package is factory programmed and tested before it ever is shipped...
So what you get is truly plug and play once it arrives at your door.... I had them set up 2 of them for me and they are amazing.
Literally 10,000+ images on a single set of 12aa batteries... No more driving to the farm to check the trail cameras... They come immediately straight to the phone!!! Awesome

email me with any ???s [email protected]

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Yeap get yourself a Covert special ops code black (their newest model). Never have to worry about wifi again. It will send you pictures from anywhere in the country that has a cell signal strong enough to send a text message. See my review of last year's model of this camera here. Way cheaper than Buckeye Cams.

No need for a cell contract either. Just buy a $15 GoPhone and pay for the messages as you go....

·
Registered
12 Posts
sample trail cam with mobile simcard pics

Hey DIYBIGBUCKS can you post some sample pics from these cameras ? You have got me kinda curious about them. Thanks
Scroll through my DEER MECCA Facebook page to see sample pics.
These are 640x480 pics that were sent straight to the phone... then I posted on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/DeerMecca

I own the www.USHALO.com site and do the technical support myself.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Here is a 640x480 sent to me from my DLC Special Ops camera on Monday:

·
Registered
12 Posts
How many pics per set of how many batts?

Here is a 640x480 sent to me from my DLC Special Ops camera on Monday:

Steve, how many pics are you getting out of a set of batteries? I have had a couple people tell me they are only getting about a week out of a set? I haven't experimented with the coverts. I know I used to be excited about !,000 or so pics on a set of batts, but since I have been using this UM562 camera from UWAY Outdoors, I have been able to personally get more than 6,000+ images repeatedly on one set of 12 double AA batts. this is exciting for me, because a lot of my Hunting areas are an hour or more drive, and I can literally save hundreds of real ca$hola $$$$ on gas this summer checking cameras... YAY!

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
I put one set of 8 Lithiums in this camera Last April and they lasted till October. Don't know how many pictures that was but it was in the thousands. Also the DLC Special Ops Code Black looks to be the same camera as the UM562 but with DLC's spectacular customer service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts