Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say that I have been up a tree in every treestand but I can say that I have been in a tree with 80% of them.. I have to say that the Lone Wolf sit and climb has to be the best one. I have been looking for a new treestand due to a not so smart move that if you have been on here you may know..

Last year I went north to hunt with buckstar, while I was up there I climbed a tree with his XL LW sit and climb and instantly loved it... But really $450 Thats a lot of money and if I spent that on a tree stand my wife would kill me.. I already spend enough money on my hobbies..

I found one on craigslist that had only been on for a few hours. He wanted $250 he said it was a Extra wide well I bought it. I didn't notice that it wasn't an extra-wide. Either way It fit's me great.

For those of you that wonder if the LW is worth it. Well it is.. Hands down the best stand that I have owned. I climbed with it when I got home tightened a few hex-heads. From there I took it to a friends house. He has seen them but thought that the price was really high. Well by the time I left he was sold on the LW. I didn't push it, I let him climb in it and I was saying I don't know if I like it. Just to get an honest opinion out of him.. He was a summit guy. I was an API guy...
Again he loved it.

Review, EVERYTHING IS QUIET. It is very easy to set up there are no pins to snap nothing of the sort. It is light weight balanced easy on the back. The bow holder is great. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it will not go around trees that are very large.. I think it is 2 inches smaller than API and Summit..

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Im pretty happy so far with my Pro Series Alpha Hang on an Pro series sticks..Also if you email LW the owner is great at getting back to ya ASAP,and answering any questions...

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
even if the best theyre grossly over priced and thats debateable if theyre best...if people wouldnt buy them theyd drop a 100 dollars...:D

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
I don't think their quality can be overstated enough. I don't own a LW climber but used to say I'd never own a LW stand because they can't be worth it. What changed my mind? I hung one and sat in it. Sold. No noise, no nonsense, no cheap parts, 110% satisfied customer here. I hear all the time about the seat not being cushioned enough, I think it's great. I pull several all day sits per year and have no complaints about the seat. That being said, I spend easily 80% or more of my time on stand, standing. I've arrowed deer before from the seated position but prefer to be standing so it's one less thing I have to do when a shot presents itself.

I do not see myself hunting from anything but a Lone Wolf in the near future if I have a choice about it.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
its been awhile but i have tested their stands...mainly the hangons and i seen lil difference in them and the 40$ cheapies i have when it came to comfort...hang ons usually have a lot to desire when compared to climbers as far as comfort...imo...i can sleep in climbers but would never dream of that in the hang ons...:Das for the climbers comfort when i tested the lone wolf it was in in last place when compared to any of the major brands...i never got to try climbing with them so i doan know bout that...i've never had trouble climbing even with the old hug the tree types...including the famous baker...the company grossly over prices its products...and imo theres really not that much difference in them and the other major brands...i will say i am looking at their climbing sticks and possibly a hang on...but i'll be looking at another top company too...some of the guys at deer camp(wn)use the lonewolf hang on/sticks system and go all over the forest with them ...so theyve givin me a reason to look at them...but the climber...:nono:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Wildman, keep climbing thru the rest of the summer. It takes a few times up and down to get the cadence down. Unless you are hooking your toes on the sides and not using the front bar.

Also keep adjusting your seat straps, front to back, one at a time until you find the sweet spot. You'll know when you do!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
They are light weight and quiet, but compared to my Summit, they aren't even in the ballpark as far as comfort for sitting all day. They are not worth the money IMO.
So are Summits, if you wanna pay over 300.00 for a seat that's up to you as a consumer, but given that one moment, that one shot opportunity I will put my money into a LW every time!

They are made to bowhunt period, no silly rails, no noisy tubes, no stiff wires or chains, lock one to a tree and it ain't movin an inch. Had to get my atta-boy in there!

Been said a million times, everybody chooses stands for their own reasons and every stand has its place. Just hunt and have fun doin it, hell it all cost way too much money but we still do it!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buckstar, I adjusted the seat the first time I was in the tree. It took a couple of loosening and tighting of the straps to get it where I wanted and I will tell you that IMO it is good to go.. I have no problems with the seat at all now that I have adjusted it for me...

Summits and API are in a class but the lone wolf climber is in a class by it's self. I don't want to be that guy but It is so quiet it just blows the other stands away. It's rock solid which now a days most are. The front rail that moves is nice the bow rest in front is an extra bonus...

If anyone has not tried the climber I highly recomend it.

You will see what I was am talking about. My friend thought the same thing the price is to high and so on. As soon as he used mine and set it up in a tree he was sold. It is that much of a differance from the traditional API and summit.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
even if the best theyre grossly over priced and thats debateable if theyre best...if people wouldnt buy them theyd drop a 100 dollars...:D
Wow Coonie what a post! If people didnt buy them there would be no company. You must have been reading some books on supply and demand trying to drop all this economical logic on us!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I love my summit. I have owned a few of them. The only thing that I don't like is I have never been able to keep paint on it. But as coonie said you can sleep in it.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Wow Coonie what a post! If people didnt buy them there would be no company. You must have been reading some books on supply and demand trying to drop all this economical logic on us!
theyd drop their prices so fast your head would spin than you could get the same stand for 100 dollas less unless youre wunnuh them guys that just likes to pay more...:biggrin:just sayin if...:D

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
theyd drop their prices so fast your head would spin than you could get the same stand for 100 dollas less unless youre wunnuh them guys that just likes to pay more...:biggrin:just sayin if...:D
yes if only it was that easy. Its called niche marketing, now your not going to buy into it but obviously guys like wildman are happy with their purchase. I have on that I bought used, and I love my hand climber. My point is that your original post has logic behind it, but does not support any type of marketing logic. Lone wolf appeals to the hunters who want to spend a bit more, try and do some research on niche marketing, and look up the typical buying demographic of a lone wolf stand. Talk about your head spinning around! They do not need to lower prices cause the majority of people think they are too expensive it is called the 80/20 rule, 80 percent of your revenue comes from 20 percent of your customers.

Sorry for the rant, but so many people rip apart lone wolf like it is going to make a difference, they know what they are doing!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
yes if only it was that easy. Its called niche marketing, now your not going to buy into it but obviously guys like wildman are happy with their purchase. I have on that I bought used, and I love my hand climber. My point is that your original post has logic behind it, but does not support any type of marketing logic. Lone wolf appeals to the hunters who want to spend a bit more, try and do some research on niche marketing, and look up the typical buying demographic of a lone wolf stand. Talk about your head spinning around! They do not need to lower prices cause the majority of people think they are too expensive it is called the 80/20 rule, 80 percent of your revenue comes from 20 percent of your customers.

Sorry for the rant, but so many people rip apart lone wolf like it is going to make a difference, they know what they are doing!
i agree...:biggrin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I Reeeaaaalllly like my LW hand climber. its silent, 4 inches thick when packed, and 15 lbs... few moving parts. get to your tree and take the bungee off. i love it. if you want to have something that simple,light, and easy you will have to compensate comfort, but i can handle 5hrs at a time in it. its pretty much my secret weapon for land that a hanger may get stolen, or in early rut if i see an active scrape etc.. i can hunt it and not mess with a hang on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts