Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting into reloading 12G shells. I see the Lee Load All II as an inexpensive way to get started. I shoot targets occasionally and hunt small game and birds in season. I am not an avid skeet or trap shooter.

Does anyone have any experience with these loaders?

Any suggestions on other loaders??....I dont mind paying more if the quality is worth it.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I started with a Lee 12 gage press. It made good ammo for me. Loaded lots of 3 inch ammo for a good savings. I would advise a powder scale to insure the plastic tubes are throwing true. I had to cut one down quite a bit to throw enough Blue Dot for one 3 inch load, but always made good ammo. Just take your time with it. It is not a fast machine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would go with a Mec 600 jr one of the best loaders ever made Ive got one thats over 40 years old and still works as good as new and their not real expensive

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking at the MEC 600 Jr. as well. I like the straight forward design of the LEE loader compared to the MEC 600. For whatever reason....The MEC 600 just looks more confusing to me...

I don't mind that it takes time to make the shells. In my opinion, stuff like this is better entertainment than the newest reality TV show.

Where do you guys buy your reloading supplies? I have checked out a few websites and the whole operation looks to be pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Paullie, since you asked, I have moved on to the Mec loaders. I have Sizemasters in .410, 28, 20, 16 and 10. For my 12 gage needs I have the Mec Grabber. (Still use the Lee for 12 gage 3 inch)

Patriot1's offer on his Sizemaster is a good deal. It is just as easy to use as the Lee and is all metal. I love the sizing unit on the Sizemaster and the Grabber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help Fellas...I did some research and the Sizemaster seems easy enough to use. I will take it off your hands there Sir!!!

I didn't want to get into a complicated press as I am just starting out. I actually won a Lee Load All II on Ebay this afternoon in a 20G set up. I got it before I checked the forums here, so it looks like I went from 0 loaders to 2 loaders in one day!!!...HAHA

·
Registered
538 Posts
I like the mec but dont use it much anymore just for the hot loads for just regular shooting I use my hornady 366 auto now this loader will crank out the shells

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive got a Mec Sizemaster that Id like to sell. $80 ... I live in Hartville. pm me if interested
Hey Patriot1...I sent you a couple of PM's as I would like to get that MEC Sizemaster off you if it is still available. Please let me know either way, as I would like to purchase a reloader very soon. Please send me a PM. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts