Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy who wants to lease up land and asked if I could help him.

Anyone on here know of leasing companies?
or
leases

not trying to get lectured, just trying to help out a friend.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Just saw on craigs list the other day a guy wanting $300 for a 2 day hunt or $1,000 for a week. He has two parcels one is 25 acres and the other 47 I believe. Seemed like one heck of a deal:yikes:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Just saw on craigs list the other day a guy wanting $300 for a 2 day hunt or $1,000 for a week. He has two parcels one is 25 acres and the other 47 I believe. Seemed like one heck of a deal:yikes:
ah ha ha ha,best joke i've heard in a long time...:D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i looked at this one...makes me even feel sadder about whats happening in ohio...:(
It's really bad that this dude finds lands through his previous employment status and leases these lands for $12-15an acre then leases them for $30 an acre. Wonder if they have to pay taxes for this? I'm sure a lot of transactions are cash.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
It's really bad that this dude finds lands through his previous employment status and leases these lands for $12-15an acre then leases them for $30 an acre. Wonder if they have to pay taxes for this? I'm sure a lot of transactions are cash.
i felt those same vibes man...:D

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
When land is leased, IRS 1099 Misc forms are legally required
not only should they be included and explained on your federal taxes but the information is counter checked by Ohio state income tax.
If you are paying more than $600 when you lease land, your are required to send the land owner the 1099 and file a copy with the IRS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.