Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It states in the law book that you can hunt till 12:00 . And it also says that I'd you get a Turkey it has to be checked in by 11:30 the day of harvest . Now I'm no rocket scientist by no means but that's kinda impossible if ya ask me to tag a bird the same day between 11:30 and noon if it had to be checked by 11:30 .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
it states in the law book that you can hunt till 12:00 . And it also says that i'd you get a turkey it has to be checked in by 11:30 the day of harvest . Now i'm no rocket scientist by no means but that's kinda impossible if ya ask me to tag a bird the same day between 11:30 and noon if it had to be checked by 11:30 .

Outdoor hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
11:30 p.m.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got ya . I read it over and over and didn't see it lol . Dyslexia maybe I don't know but forgive me for being stupid .

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dyslexia nothin. Must be those 3 1/2 in. mags, Bubba. Now put a tag on one tomorrow morning. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike I been giving it all I got . Im still in Wayne down by ringgold . I had one answer me this morning then he shut up . I just moved to glouster not long ago so I have not met to many hunting buddies down here that have places to go . But I'm gonna give it all I got with what I got to work with .

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Mike I been giving it all I got . Im still in Wayne down by ringgold . I had one answer me this morning then he shut up . I just moved to glouster not long ago so I have not met to many hunting buddies down here that have places to go . But I'm gonna give it all I got with what I got to work with .

let me know if you wanna travel down chauncey way to the wnf and i'll put you in some places but there are other hunters there to wise these turks up...or to mess you up...:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went down to Chauncey last week down by Utah lake and big bailey road . I'm only about ten fifteen minutes from it . But I didn't hear much out that way .

·
Banned
955 Posts
One thing that does need to be brought up is the way landowners tag in their birds. Currently, a landowner can only do it on-line. That in itself presents a problem. If you are down in the hills where there is no reception or you don't have internet access, how can you check it in without driving all over to find reception and/or finding a computer?

They need to change this because I know personally I don't have internet on my cell phone and I don't have a computer with internet in the trailor I stay in when hunting my own place. Therefore, I literally have to drive back home to get on-line. Now, not a big deal if I am going home anyways, but it does present a problem if I plan to stay the next day or two and hunt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with that . I know my phone don't work were I go . But I always use the Google earth so I can take aerial photos and ad them so I can pull them up in the woods . And even catch the ridges and hills also . But as far as calling to check one in I'm out of luck there .

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I went down to Chauncey last week down by Utah lake and big bailey road . I'm only about ten fifteen minutes from it . But I didn't hear much out that way .

theyre in there...just some tuff birds to hunt...:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm just glad to hear the law books are well behaved enough not make a scene. They seem to be doing better than my 2 year old...;)

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
One thing that does need to be brought up is the way landowners tag in their birds. Currently, a landowner can only do it on-line. That in itself presents a problem. If you are down in the hills where there is no reception or you don't have internet access, how can you check it in without driving all over to find reception and/or finding a computer?

They need to change this because I know personally I don't have internet on my cell phone and I don't have a computer with internet in the trailor I stay in when hunting my own place. Therefore, I literally have to drive back home to get on-line. Now, not a big deal if I am going home anyways, but it does present a problem if I plan to stay the next day or two and hunt.[/QU Cant you go to any license vendor and check your bird rather than driving all the way home??? Says in the book you can.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Banned
955 Posts
The check in places around me (within close vicinity), last I checked, do not check them in anymore. You have to do it on-line.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
The check in places around me (within close vicinity), last I checked, do not check them in anymore. You have to do it on-line.
ANY store that sells hunting licenses can check in a bird. Even stores that didn't used to check in deer/turkey can now check in a bird (Like WalMart, KMart, etc). You don't need to take the turkey with you. All you need is a driver's license (although you can also check in with your last name and the last 4 digits of your ss# too). I actually did this last Monday. I sat down at my computer at home and realized my printer was out of ink so I ran into town and had the local gun store check in the turkey and print my receipt.

All you need is a computer. A local library would work. So many options.

·
Banned
955 Posts
If I get the opportunity again this season I will have to try again. However, I know for sure I went to one and they said they stopped doing it, you must do it on-line.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Guess theyre just asking for really inaccurate harvest counts.....shame on em it is what it is..........really very sad and uncalled for. lak o edumacation in dat erea i rekon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts