Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive spent a lot of time and money this year chasing these birds, and at this point it has been to no avail. I am debating taking friday afternoon and all day saturday to go to woodbury or somewhere else public because I have had no luck on my private land and people aren't exactly generous with sharing their land. Does anyone have any tips on how hunting has been there, or anywhere else that is public? I really want nothing more than to shoot a bird. A 9lb jake with 1/16 inch spurs, and a 2 inch beard would make me the happiest person in the world at this point.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That's turkey hunting.
I've never hunted the area(s) your talking about, but I don't personally know anyone who's done any good this year. Stick with it, if you can stand it, it may happen yet.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
18 Posts
almost all the public tracts are loaded with turkeys......and shouldnt be too busy these last days,the whole key to this crazy sport is having a gobbler that wants to cooperate and doesnt have girlfriends with em! you can have every calll made and the best gun and camo on the planet but if you dont have that hot tom its to no avail.......one thing i can say after all these years chasing em is that,,,,when it all comes together(and it will) it will be worth the blood sweat and tears!!!!! good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
BSJ1008,
If you go to Woodbury, be careful...very careful. I've not hunted the area towards the end of the season, but the first week or so is nuts with people. The turkeys are running around like rabbits being chased by dogs. :coco:

Perhaps, this late in the season, the nutty people have moved on to other grounds and you'd have the place to yourself. Good luck!

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
If you can find open woods, where ever you go, hunt where you can see a good distance. the early spring really made everything grow way too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts