close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Erie

Discussion in 'Ice Fishing Ohio' started by Lost_Peninsula, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Has any one made it out into the western basin of Lake Erie yet? I was wondering how the ice is and how the walleye action is. I was thinking about heading out to Metgers area. I will give Zunks bait shop a call Saturday if all else fails. Thanks in advance....
    Richard.

2. Just got off the phone with Zuch's bait shop. They say there is no good ice to fish. Called Butch and Denny's to confirm and their number is disconnected. Looks like its going to be a fish Michigan weekend unless someone here has a good perch ~ walleye report. I am in Toledo and will drive 90 minuets for good fishing. How far is mosqito lake from Toledo and how is the action there?

3. I saw on the news last night guys out on lake erie near rattlesnake island. I believe mosquito lake is on the other side of the state from you. If your ever looking for someone to go fishing with drop me a line, I go to school at BG and fish all i can.

Jason

jasoneb@bgnet.bgsu.edu

4. I could be wrong, but atleast thats what i thought they said.

Jason

5. your right

There is 10 to 12" of ice at put-in-bay.They are catching some eyes out by rattlesnake.Can't wait to get up there....jig.. jig.. thump

6. I have yet to ice fish that area. You have to fly out. Around 5-6 years ago we had real good ice and I could snowmobile almost to west sister. That was a heck of a good fishing winter. Keep the info coming. If I head out to anything worth doing I will let you know. Thanks Richard.