Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a new Lake Erie Fishing video from this past fall. There are some different areas than you have seen in the past videos. It was a short, but very productive trip. If you watch the video with your phone you should be good. If you watch with your computer, ipad, or T.V. You will want to click the bottom right to make it full screen, and click the other icon next to it to make it better quality. Hope you enjoy it. We have a few other new ones to come out in the following weeks.

https://rumble.com/vcb167-lake-erie-largemouth-bass-fishing-areas.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Have had fantastic luck in and around Kelly’s island from time to time I find myself with 20lb braid and a crayfish colored rattle trap relaxing on a adult size inner tube casting and catching the hell out of them when visiting the island for a weekend with family and friends when I was younger I was doing really well not paying any attention to how far from shore I had gotten and when I seen other boats smallie fishing and one guy asked what I was using then did I realize crap I was about a mile from where I had started but I was doing well after back stroke ing back to the island and walking the shore back my buddies father suggested we take the boat out and again we did very well with several in the 5-6 pound range being caught the islands of Erie all hold great amounts of bass around them you just have to get on the water and get after them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love fishing around Kelly's. It didn't treat me well the one time I fished it this year. I haven't stayed on the island before. Pretty nice there? I've heard there are ponds that you can fish on the island too. Nice tip on the rattletrap.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Wonderful environment when normal (Covid) isn’t a factor never really got into the ponds and such as we always stay at the lake house on the island yet I’m always a guest I managed to get out fishing and do well a lot older now the ol shoulders don’t tolerate the tube idea as long but that rattle trap still deadly on the bass as well as other species but take the good with the bad I guess lots of fish to be had around that and all the islands rocky shores

1 - 8 of 8 Posts