Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Whatever. He was out looking for cops to confront him. He isnt in the wrong, by any means, but he was asking for the situation. Just because you can, doesnt mean you should. Why not just obtain the proper permit, conceal it, and go about your business?

He wasnt in the wrong, but neither were the police. It could be articulated that his actions were out of the norm, which could be viewed as cause for a safety stop. A safety stop is entirely different than a normal stop and frisk.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Whatever. He was out looking for cops to confront him. He isnt in the wrong, by any means, but he was asking for the situation. Just because you can, doesnt mean you should. Why not just obtain the proper permit, conceal it, and go about your business?

He wasnt in the wrong, but neither were the police. It could be articulated that his actions were out of the norm, which could be viewed as cause for a safety stop. A safety stop is entirely different than a normal stop and frisk.

Maybe his state law wont allow him a conceal permit,but he can open carry..Not that he should.Parts of ohio law is like that.Don't you know a feller in a situation like that?

Sent via Campbells soup can an string..

·
Registered
181 Posts

The police officer was wrong. That is why the guy got his gun back and went on his way.

Just because something is not what you perceive to be 'normal' doesn't mean you have a right to detain a law-abiding citizen.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I guess I'm the only one that was raised to respect the police. Would it have killed the guy to just tell them who he was and they would have let him go. But instead he had to act like a smartass teen and make himself look like a idiot

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
He may have been acting like an ass but he is with in his rights to do so. He didn't disrespect him he didn't call him names..I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He knew his rights and the law, I would say more so than the officer. Why do we have to knock a guy that wasn't doing anything wrong? I also thought the officer did a good job also. Many of them wouldn't of done so well..

"Knowing your rights and using them is being an ass?"

I don't think so..

I have several friends that are cop's, I hear the story's of the good the bad and the ugly.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree they both were within there rights just think the guy was being a Ass....THAT'S MY OPINION!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I agree they both were within there rights just think the guy was being a Ass....THAT'S MY OPINION!

The officer had no right to stop him. Was he looking for a fight? Probably, but he made the officer out to be the ass.
This guy is actually one of my friends on Facebook. There's more to the story than than the video. Folks all over the country are fed up with overbearing law enforcement officers and the government in general. This is just one of many examples of people flexing their rights. YouTube open carry and there's a ton more videos.
The tide is turning in this country.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The officer had every right to stop him that is his job.....he was called to investigate which he did..

1 - 20 of 151 Posts