Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my excuse for taking so long to get my report posted from going up north, 8 doz. Ausable skunks ready to package up and mail...

While I was up north I got set up starting to tie flies for one of the shops in Grayling. Unfortunately I managed to lose a lens for my glasses the last 1day of my trip so I couldn't start tying right away. :rolleyes:

Next up 16 doz. dry Ausable skunks!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Those will do just fine! What does an Ausable skunk mimic?

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue, I just know they are really buggy and catch fish up there. :)

They're an old guide fly developed by Earl Madsen years ago. I've been using them for about 30 yrs or more when I first saw one in a shop up in Grayling. Funny part is that I've only had marginal luck at best with them in PA. They work fine out in Yellowstone too.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Who is hosting the exchange?

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are headed up to Andy at Old Ausable Fly Shop. He gave a me an order for 36 doz. flies when I was up. Looks like he's going to keep me busy. :)

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
These are headed up to Andy at Old Ausable Fly Shop. He gave a me an order for 36 doz. flies when I was up. Looks like he's going to keep me busy. :)
I'm not much for souvenirs, but I wear my Old Ausable Fly Shop hat all the time. Cool shop

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Wow. That seems like an honor to me to be asked by a fly shop to fill an order like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using OutHubOutdoor Hub Campfire

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I'm pretty geeked up about it all. Even cooler part is that 10 or 12 doz. are of one of my personal hex emerger patterns!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts