Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to SE Cleveland from Michigan. Looking for bow fishing info; when/where to go? Currently left my boat in MI so shore fishing or wadding would be best for me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Reply or PM me, either way.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
28 Posts
All of the after market chokes will be fine.. . Most depend on $$ you want to spend , same with shells.. The shells shoot different out of each gun .. I have browning and my gun shoots Remington nitros great..I shoot 3 1/2's but am finding that's not necessary 3 's will do fine .. Heavy shot blends rounds are popular too , my gun just doesn't like them as much .. As far as land goes .. Ohio power or any of the state lands are really not that bad.. I have found it easier to get permission for turkey hunting then deer. Good luck and take those kids out for the jr. Season...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
22,521 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Superbigbuck. I've been going in circles trying to decide on a choke and was actually wondering if one aftermnarket is really superior to another. I figure if I get a good aftermarket choke, I can find a shot that will pattern well for it regardless of who makes it. It's just a matter of going out to the range with a few boxes of different shells and seeing what works best with my gun/choke combonation.
Sorry about hijacking your guys fishing thread!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts