Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally think Jimmy Big Time is a funny show, and it adds a unique twist to outdoor television. However, I just watched the episode where they took a few kids out along with a guide on a mule deer hunt, and it was terrible. I found little humor in it, and it was obvious their antics ruined the experience for the kids. They even ruined a chance at a great deer for one of the kids. Another kid that shot a buck had to stand beside the buck he shot, and allow one of the stars in the show spoof the recovery. The star held the deer first and completely ruined the recovery for the kid. The guide even expressed his displeasure in their antics and felt the kids had been let down. I have to say that if I was a sponsor, I would quickly become just that, a 'was a sponsor'. I feel it was extremely poor sportsmanship and mentoring, ruining a potential once in a lifetime experience for future hunters. Created a certain level of disdain for me toward the show.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
502 Posts
There's a fine line between comedy and idiocy. Jimmy Big Time crosses it frequently :nono:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You guys realize pretty much everything on that show is staged right?..I will still wear my Jimmy big time PETA SUCKS shirt with pride:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw the same show this morning. I didn't care for it much prior to but now I don't like it @ all. I admit he ruined it for those kids

Mathews Z7 Xtreme

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm with Ohio mossy oak as well. Its all staged... the kids and the guides were in on it as well. But I still think Jimmy big time is a complete joke anyways. His shows have always been awefull

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of it is staged.

Staged or not, its the projected image to the general public. His show, just as any other, is a representation to the public of who we are.

With the current situation involving our DNR officers and their poor judgment regarding the utilization of their work hours, we dont need another poor image promotion in the media, especially involving kids.

Not to mention, it just wasnt funny.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Most of it is staged.

Staged or not, its the projected image to the general public. His show, just as any other, is a representation to the public of who we are.

With the current situation involving our DNR officers and their poor judgment regarding the utilization of their work hours, we dont need another poor image promotion in the media, especially involving kids.

Did you bump your dam head??A representation of who we are?Its called acting!!

Do you feel the police academy movies gave everyone the wrong idea about cops?How about how the duck dynasty showed hunters trespassing to get frogs an then getting caught?Did ya hate that?Was you concerned? Just askin:mischeif:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Most of it is staged.

Well said. It does reflect on who we are to the public. Some of these outdoor shows make it seem like they just rolled a strike in bowling instead of respecting the animal they just shot. :coco:

RGLJZ06

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
big time wrassl'n pose ta b fake - dang

·
Registered
14 Posts
Acting or not as an ethical hunter I find it rather insulting...... Ignorance breeds ignorance And it's obviously Becoming harder and harder for our medicated society to understand the necessity of what we do as hunters. When what we do is no longer viewed as being necessary we will no longer be able to do it.... bang your damn head on that!! When I'm no longer allowed to hunt I hope to god that I don't pick the same hobby is jimmy!!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Acting or not as an ethical hunter I find it rather insulting...... Ignorance breeds ignorance And it's obviously Becoming harder and harder for our medicated society to understand the necessity of what we do as hunters. When what we do is no longer viewed as being necessary we will no longer be able to do it.... bang your damn head on that!! When I'm no longer allowed to hunt I hope to god that I don't pick the same hobby is jimmy!!!
Ethical huh?How do you feel about Ted Nugent,getting caught breaking game laws?Or ranting on TV like a insane person?Is that ethical or a good representation of you as a hunter?What about all the bad shots made on MANY hunting shows..Or all the celebratory,caveman fist pumping crap after taking a shot?How does that reflect on the view of hunters in society? Why are you folks not emailing an standing up against these things you feel so strongly against?We better stop posting them kill pics an such,we dont wanna upset the mediated society..Lets close our forums down as well,we don't want them to hear us talk about it..I am a hunter and fisherman and I do it for FUN..That is freaking right FUN! Sure there is meat to feed our children and the controlling animal population excuse etc etc....But hunting an fishing is fun and fulfills a primal urge within us...I will not tiptoe around society or make excuses for what I do,who I am ,or what I believe in to nobody...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry man I thought the conversation was about jimmy big time.. I don't remember saying anything about ted nugent who you're obviously uneducated about..... or anyone else for that matter..... it is no secret that hunting is not viewed in a good light in our society do to a multitude of reasons. There are certainly plenty of so called hunting celebrities who I have no desire to be associated or classified with..... and you can bet that I will not hide my hunting or fishing heritage from anyone nor will I deny the fact that I enjoy satisfying my primal urge as you call it like the " insane guy" on TV.. and I will defend my right to do so "TOOTH,FANG, AND CLAW like Ted Nugent!!!!! Keep bangin till they take you away my friend!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Sorry man I thought the conversation was about jimmy big time.. I don't remember saying anything about ted nugent who you're obviously uneducated about..... or anyone else for that matter..... it is no secret that hunting is not viewed in a good light in our society do to a multitude of reasons. There are certainly plenty of so called hunting celebrities who I have no desire to be associated or classified with..... and you can bet that I will not hide my hunting or fishing heritage from anyone nor will I deny the fact that I enjoy satisfying my primal urge as you call it like the " insane guy" on TV.. and I will defend my right to do so "TOOTH,FANG, AND CLAW like Ted Nugent!!!!! Keep bangin till they take you away my friend!!
Fair enough..As ethical hunter I can not align myself with someone like Ted who has been guilty of breaking game laws in more then one state,dodged the draft in a cowardly way...
30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment....

How about sex with multiple underage girls while on tour?Or the fact he was cheating on his wife also with a 17yr old girl they allowed to move in with them at the time....I clearly know NOTHING about ted...:confused:
Feel free to educate me in the areas you claim I am lacking education in....

·
Registered
14 Posts
The six o'clock news is not the place to get your education......... I suppose your right maybe we should shut down all the forums that way the rest of us could be spared the agony of listening to those self absorbed self righteous characters like you as we're trying to have a conversation about something other than the 6 o'clock news!!! I would dare to say Ted has done more for hunting ( the topic of our conversation) than you will ever do sitting on your computer arguing with me about some moron who for the sake of money is making it a point to portray every sportsman in America as a dumb jackass...... and your worried about Ted....... somebody kick the soapbox please!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hhhmmm, not taking sides here.

Snopes claims it is difficult to verify the authenticity of that information. In 1977, Nuge gave an interview to High Time magazine claiming to have done exactly what OMO says.

But in multiple interviews since, Nuge claims that was all a joke, and did not actually do those things.

We do know for a fact that he was granted deferment(sp?) based on his status as a student. He was also given the available for duty in emergency classification, so they couldnt have completely ruled him out.

Nuge is an odd individual for sure. I dont claim to condone anyones poor excercise of judgement, regardless of their stature in our community. I made the original post because I am thoroughly disgusted with what happened in that specific show.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The six o'clock news is not the place to get your education......... I suppose your right maybe we should shut down all the forums that way the rest of us could be spared the agony of listening to those self absorbed self righteous characters like you as we're trying to have a conversation about something other than the 6 o'clock news!!! I would dare to say Ted has done more for hunting ( the topic of our conversation) than you will ever do sitting on your computer arguing with me about some moron who for the sake of money is making it a point to portray every sportsman in America as a dumb jackass...... and your worried about Ted....... somebody kick the soapbox please!!!!!!!
That is a unintelligent poor comparison..How much would Ted do for hunting if he didn't have millions of dollars?How much would I do for hunting if I had millions of dollars?The comparison doesn't work

...Ya may not like jimmy,but at least he is ACTING..Unlike ted he hasnt broke game laws ON FILM in REAL life in multiple states and been convicted of it.....
You still have yet to prove my as you call them "uneducated" remarks wrong......Dont worry...I am still waiting:whistle:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts