Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We knew it was probably going to happen this year but hate to see it.
The money for a few years in the NBA is to hard too pass up I guess.
Good luck in your pro career Jared!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
oh well thats college basketball...when it comes to bb its definately not to do with education...its just a 1 -2 yr.minor league for the pros,colleges oughta be ashamed...funny in baseball they have to stay 3 yrs...:biggrin:

·
22,520 Posts
Good luck-hope he does well!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Let's hope he has a little better luck than Greg Oden.. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Oden is the poster child for why these kids SHOULD leave and take the money if they are a top 15 pick. Had Oden satyed for a second year he would be broke; instead his family has millions for generations.

Sully made the right choice. He is being told he'll go high enough in the draft to get the guaranteed money and a 4 yr deal should look like 8-14 million dollars. His body took quite a beating and would again next year. He can't improve his draft stock considerably..he's as high as pick #7. He could have easily made just as much money last year, but gave college another year.

I'm not one that agrees at all a kid should stay in school...and wouldn't advise them to when they are lottery NBA picks or first round NFL picks and will get guaranteed millions. 99% of the folks I met in college where there trying to better themselves and make a good living. You come across that occassional student just there to study and have the experience. These kids can ink their name and never do ANYTHING (see Oden) and earn 5-15 times the life long income of a college graduate in a period of 5 years:yikes: You can set up your family for generations to come....you can always go back and earn a college degree. I graduated OSU with Eddie George and Scoonie Penn in 2001...they both came back and got their degree while actively playing pro sports (Eddie for the titans and Scoonie in European League).

Next up will be Thomas.....he should come back next year to be featured & he'll ink a contract worth 10 million too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts