Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to put my sweet Miss Dottie to sleep this past November. 16 years and 4 months old. She was the one I picked up at the local shelter when she was 7 years old. Her microchip traced her back to a beagle kennel in Alabama. She was heartworm positive at the time I got her. Lots of good memories with that cute little hound.

I did not want to housetrain in the winter so I've waited until now to start looking.

What I want: 13" or smaller, medium speed (I do not want anything very fast), either a puppy or a young adult dog is fine. It will be a house dog with my other 2 beagles. The other two beagles are 12 years old and 9 years old so I really need a young dog to get started.

I would appreciate any leads you can throw my way. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I had to put my sweet Miss Dottie to sleep this past November. 16 years and 4 months old. She was the one I picked up at the local shelter when she was 7 years old. Her microchip traced her back to a beagle kennel in Alabama. She was heartworm positive at the time I got her. Lots of good memories with that cute little hound.

I did not want to housetrain in the winter so I've waited until now to start looking.

What I want: 13" or smaller, medium speed (I do not want anything very fast), either a puppy or a young adult dog is fine. It will be a house dog with my other 2 beagles. The other two beagles are 12 years old and 9 years old so I really need a young dog to get started.

I would appreciate any leads you can throw my way. Thanks!!!
Sorry for your loss. It's hard when you lose a friend after that many years. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Reactions: bluedog

·
Registered
235 Posts
There's also a Facebook group....https://www.facebook.com/groups/ohiorabbitrunners/

They show dogs on here, but they don't come right out and say they are for sale. They usually say up for consideration or something and you have to message them to get the details.

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
Did you see Beagle Huntsman's thread?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts